co op power companies whats ur thoughts on this situation

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by THE PAN MAN, Jan 25, 2010.

1. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    my dad called me tonight bout 630 said his power was out and got a cleaner stuck in the flu. he had an 8inch cleaner for 6inch pipe that he had to borrow. the dam power company shut his power off because they said they hadent received a bill yet. mind ya my dad and mom have had this same company for ten yrs now and never been late on a bill. the company lost the records for there last paid bill and came out and shut the power off! and they have the receipt from where they paid last months bill. anyhow i went over there and we had to cut a load of wood in the dark to get them heat they got a wood stove for backup thank god. cost em 700 bucks to get it back on. is that not a load of crap or what. the co op tried sayn they was that far behind and charged em that much to get it back on 100 bucks just for the truck to show up to flip the switch. what do u all think he should do espically since he has THEIR RECIEPTS sayn he ws paid up. but they said he was not. they tried telln him he was a customer on there list that dident pay there bill when they got a reciept for every month for the past ten yrs sayn that they did. my dad is rather upset over this and as am i. how can a president of a company sit in his warm house and say i dont know what to tell ya when he has heat and my dad has every bit of proof sayn he has paid. bunch of crap!!!!! i hope like hell that co op vp and president are on here and read this. cause u got another thing comn boys. give me ur alls thoughts

2. airdrop

airdrop New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    A LAWYER to right a nice letter and tell them to get thier head out of thier A-- or it's off to court we go. What a load to put on them , I'd want to know what the top man has to say about this. You might file a complaint with your state power commision as some states will not allow your power to be cut off that fast. good luck

3. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    yep he is gonna hire one. bunch of bs. gettn a flu cleaner stuck in the dark on the roof sucked. i know that for sure.

4. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I'd go ta court and sue em for their mistake, ya got proof, and they shouldn't be able to cut your power in the winter. In MN they can't cut power in the winter, cause folks need to heat the house. No heat means all kinds of other problems, broken pipes etc. If I had receipts I"d be doing some loud talkin using bad language to the boss or at least whoever was responsible. The boss is responsible but he didn't do it, someone else screwed up. They shoulda at least given a warning.

5. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    ya we got all kinds of probs with it. he has a well and the pump might have froze. lookn at some money there. he has the proof and it is the law here to that they cant shut it off but sure as crap they did. hopefully we aint gotta replace a pump or any busted pipes. if so the co op is gonna eat it. dad is def. gettn a lawyer over it.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've been a Co Op member here for over 30 years. Never had my power shut off,But I have recieved a few "done' notices over the years. It seems like with the computer age,the bills or past due notices are mailed out ,before the recipts collected are counted at times. I've never encountered a problem that a phonecall wouldnt resolve.

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    We have a co-op at the farm. Never had a problem but our bill is auto bank drafted on due date. We have all our utility bills set up on auto bank drafts, that way we don't have to mess with them or forget to pay them.

I too would be very upset since the bill had paid on time.

8. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Y'all might try calling one of your local TV stations. They love getting into stuff like this and it would probably embarass the crap out of the head honcho. Just make sure you've got all your evidence lined up, call the TV station and the lawyer and wait for the fun to start!