Cntryboys surgery went good.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Angelkitty, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Just thought I would let you all know that Newton had his Surgery today. It lasted 2 and half hours. Went spent a total of 8 hrs at the Hosiptal. He is home and doing ok. They replaced his ACL and fixed the knee carteridge. He goes back to the Doc on Weds. and if everything is still going ok then the Doc will take the knee brace off and have him to start putting a little pressure on the leg by walking around. But I will keep you all updated. have a good day.

2. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    its good to hear he did good. tell him we said get better soon. prayers still being sent your way.

3. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Glad to hear everything went well. Tell him not to try too much too soon, and good luck on the recovery. Prayers still sent from KY.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Glad To hear it, Time to get the maid service goin for a few days :big_smile:.

5. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Glad all went well for him.

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm so happy all went well for Newton. Tell him best wishes are extended towards him and you. Please tell him to get well real soon!! Love Sister Pat:big_smile:

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    That's Great News.It sorta sounds like He will have a Hitch in His Giddy-Up for a while though.Thank's for the Up Date,God Bless. J.D.:smile2:

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Good to hear he's gettin better.However does that mean someone 's gonna have to bait his hooks,yake the fish off for him etc.Prayers said for him.Keep us updated.

9. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Just tell him that the best therapy and recovery time is spent sitting on the river or lake waiting on the bite. Glad all went well.

10. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I'm happy for the whole family, especially Newton. Soon he will be able to get away from all the naggin' and wet a hook. LOL

11. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Thanks for the update, good to hear all went well.

12. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Thanks for the report Patricia. Glad to here everything went well. Make sure he follows the doc's instructions and doesn't try to do to much to soon. Keep us updated on his progress.

13. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Thank's for the update Patricia. get well soon country leg injuries suck big time. i feel for ya.

14. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Glad the surgery went well. Please give Newton my regards

Jaime

15. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Had all i could handle laying around on my back on the couch and watching the tube.

Finally got trisha coaxed into fixen me up where i could get on here! As, far as the maid service goes- i could not ask for any better service than what my wife has given me. Trisha has been more than wonderful thru all of this.

A little more information on my surgery. The doctor was gonna have to do two surgery's at once. One to remove my torn ligments, and then another to take a ligment graph from another part of my body to replace my torn ligments.

Instead, my doctor turned to the MTF(Musculoskeletal Transplant foundation). To keep me from having to have two surgery's at the same time and to speed up my recovery time, they took a donated ligments and transplanted them into me. The doctor assured that they go thru various test to assure that the ligments are safe for transplant.

I have had very little pain in my leg since the surgery. I will find out how well i am progressing later on today. After i recover and all goes well, then i will be writing the Foundation a letter to be forwarded to the family of the deceased to let them know that a part of their loved one has helped me out tremendously. it will then be up to them as wheather they want to correspond back with me.

I will be sure to keep my Boc brothers and sister's posted as i progress further and as to what the outcome is.

I thank the lord for all that has happened and that there was someone out there that has been able to give something back to me what i had lost. I will be forever thankful to the family of the deceased for such a blessing.

I also thank my Boc Brothers and sisters for keeping me in their thoughts and prayers. Please keep them coming, for i still have a ways to go. Thank you All!!:big_smile:

16. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Good luck Newton on the road to recovery! Good stuff about contacting the donors family! I'm signed up as a organ donor and this kind of story is the reason why! Hope your up and about soon! :cool2:

17. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Newton, with these new parts did the doc guarantee you would be able to run faster and jump higher:smile2:. Just kidding buddy:wink:, get well soon.

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the update. Glad the surgery was a success. Now don't give him any trouble since he is down. There will come a day that he will be up.

19. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Newton, I am glad to hear that everthing went well.keep us posted.