Cntryboy: giving thanks

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by gardenhawk, Aug 12, 2007.

1. gardenhawk

gardenhawk New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Rather than being so much a request for prayers, this is one time that I will give thanks to God for His protection. As for Cntryboy. Thankfully things aren't as serious as they could have been, but seeing how Cntryboy was having flashbacks of being a teenager...you know the mindset (I think it has been referred to as midlife crisis)...I AM INVINCIBLE! I can do anything I set my mind to! Time to throw caution to the wind and let it ride over the bull patties lying in the pasture. Well guys and gals, let this be a reminder to us all: Toby Keith sings, "I may not be good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was." Here's where Newton went wrong...after unsuccessfully attempting to take his 4 wheeler up an over an embankment, not once, but twice, he decided to give it just one more try. His stubborn, bullheaded, superman mindset got the best of him. On his third attempt, the 4 wheeler suddenly came to life and took on the attitude of a Missouri mule: it'd had enough and was done trying to get Newton over that crest. Needless to say, the 4 wheeler decided to show Newton who was boss and teach him a hard lesson. The 4 wheeler jumped into the air and pounced on him like an angry grizzly (hmm...just what brand of 4 wheeler was that???) The long and short of it is, he came out of it with all the ligaments in his knee tore up and is going to be sore from head to toe for several days. Things could have been much more serious, but thankfully, God was watching over him.

2. fishingbuddie

fishingbuddie New Member

State:
    georgia
    glad
    he is ok dang he is lucky and thank God he was only hurt that little cause we watch a kid get killed right up the street get killed doing stuff like that

3. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Yeppers what gardenhawk said. Newton is down for a while. And is grounded from the 4 wheeler for a while. I don't look to see him out on the lakes or rivers either. I have to send out a special thanks to Kimber and Paul for being there in the early morning hours with us at the ER.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the info. Prayers are sent for Newton. Torn ligaments is a long and painful road to travel. We wish him a speedy recovery.:smile2:

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Good for you Trisha, lay down the law. And tell Newton his ELDER sister Cat said "GET OVER IT" about the mid-life crisis :crazy:. Please also tell him that I'm very glad he's gonna be okay though, as I know you are!

Thanks for the heads up Kimber. Even though it was a bad situation, you made it interesting and funny to read :big_smile:. Thanks to you and Paul, I'm sure it was comforting for Trisha to have you with her.

6. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!!! Man O Man, Newton what WERE you thinkin? You are NOT a spring chicken anymore. LOL. I flipped on on myself bout 7-8 yrs ago, if it weren"t for Hershell being there to grab it I would probably be in a wheelchair by now, paralized from neck down. Thats why one of my leg calves is a lil larger than the other and has nerve damage. Im sure thats gonna be somethin I will hafta live with for the rest of my life. Im just glad you are ok and are able to walk away from it..limping or not. The angels were with you that day. Get well soon and be more careful next time...Trisha...You need me to send you some peach tree limbs to keep him in his place? Just say the word and they will be on their way.

7. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Kimber, thanks for letting us know about Newton's mishap. I have done a few things like that in my life also and thankful to be alive. About 4 years ago, my nephew had one of them things come back on him and he wasn't so blessed, the handle bar went through his head and he left behind a wife and two precious little girls that loved him with all their hearts. We are just tickled to know that Newton will recover to have more fun with his family.

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad to hear he is doing well, that could of been much worse.

9. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Leslie will keep that in mind. But i think he might have learned his lesson. If not I will call ya, along with Kimber. :big_smile:

10. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Kimber,
    You seem to have an uncanny knack of being in the right place at the right time. GOD sure knows how to pick 'em!!
    Glad you were there for this wayward brother. NEWTON!!!! What were you thinking?!!:crazy:
    Glad you're OK, li'l bro, but will say a special prayer just for you.:roll_eyes:

11. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    newton my man next time you have a hankering to do sumpin like that just call and ill come up and well go fishing.lots easyer to get a hook out than fix torn ligiments.your fishing friend johnnie.PS hope you are feeling better soon.

12. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Yea i agree. That was a very scary night. Espeacialy when they called me to come and get him. We had a friend here at the house with me. And Shannon called me then Newton got on the phone wanting to talk with our friend. When I pulled up I was terrified. I was not told about the accident until we pulled up and there he was with his leg being supported by friends and the girls were crying and upset. Glad he was ok.

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Praise Almighty God you are Alive.The Knee is very painful I'm sure but you will live.Praise the Lord for Kimber for being a Helping Hand and being with Trisha at the ER.Thank God for you,it is a Special person who comes to the Aid if others when they are in need.Trisha I agree totally with Punkin,sometimes our menfolk turn themselves back into lil boys and need a swift kick in the behind,glad she has offered some peach tree limbs for your use should the need arise(hopefully it won't) Just tickled pink that Newton was able to walk away so to speak without a much more serious injury!!Praise the Lord!!:big_smile::big_smile:

14. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Kimber, thanks for the post about knucklehead!!!!

Trisha, time to break out the cattle prod, I think yer gonna need it with this one.

Newt, prayers being sent for ya. Since yer wife's nickname is Granitebutt, and seems you may be just as hard headed as she is, gonna have to come up with a DOOZIE of a nickname for you.

15. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Well, Sis, you sure know how to tell a story!!!

And yes, it was a bad decision and a stupid one at that.

I am sore from head to toe, can't get comfortable, and about being drove nuts laying around this house! But, did manage to rig the computer chair where i could get on here and read this thread!!!

Thanks to all of you for the prayers, and will need many more to come, as this is gonna financially ruin me! Thanks again!!!

16. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Priase GOD !!!! theres been alot of ATV wrecks around here real bad.

17. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Well, aside from going nuts being waited on hand and foot and being cooped up in this house, plus bills coming on with no income all else is well. I will be going to a orthapedic doctor tomorrow to see how much damage there really is!

Johnnie, do beleive you are right brother. A hook in ya or a stab of a catfish fine is a lot less painfull than this!

I do thank Kimber for being there at the hospital and sticking by my side when i was it dreadful pain while they straighten out my leg to put a brace on.

Just keep me in your prayers, more prayers for my financial well being than anything. I can make it thru this injury, but the bills are a little less forgiving. Just thankful that i have full medical coverage, short term diability and accidental expense insurance!

18. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Newton, it is good to see your smiling face on here buddy. Maw and I will keep you and your family in our prayers for financial help and your well being also.