C'Mere Deer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bd76, Sep 11, 2007.

1. bd76

bd76 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Anyone use the attractant c'mere deer? Last year i put the powder in one of my feeders and I could not really tell any difference between the feeder with the attractant and the one without. A couple of weeks ago, I bought a bottle of the concentrait and I got water out of a nearby tank (pond) to add to the concentrait, I follwed the directions to a T and when I went to see if there was any action at the site where i put it out, I was extremely disappionted to find no action at the site. So I am starting to think c'mere deer is a waste of money. Has any had any luck with c'mere deer, or any of the other attactants on the market.

2. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    i used several attractants last year and i also used the pink colored mineral block for six bucks.i broke up the mineral block with a hammer.they were just as attracted to the minerals as they were to any of the high priced products,and they last much longer.

3. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Something most people dont remember is that natural attractants will bring the deer into a area quicker than anything off shelf. Apples, Acorns, Corn, Oats, or any other food source will bring them in quicker than anything!!! just my opinion after years of being suckered into buying the store bought stuff!!

4. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    I tried it and it did not perform anything like was stated it would, my vote would say save your money it doesnt work.:eek:oooh:

5. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    We haven't tried c'mere deer, but we've used other things in the past. We've had good luck with rice bran, that you can buy at a local feed store, by sprinkling it on the ground with your corn or mix it in your feeder. Also, my husband cooked down pears last summer for preserves; we saved all the left over syrup & poured it over the corn. The deer loved it!! I think I agree with kkyyoottee; really, anything natural is gonna work just as well, if not better, than the "high dollar" stuff! (Carry an apple in your pocket or backpack; eat on it for a snack, then chunk it down for the critters to find!)

6. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I think most of that stuff is meant to attrract our dollars more than the deer. Natural or a salt block will be just as affective and cheaper.

7. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    here in missouri,once season starts you can not use any foods as attractants or it will be considered baiting,you can only use salts or minerals.

8. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    I have used everything from Apples too bubble gum. The best store bought attractive I have found in Deer Cocaine in the liquid form not the powder. I honestly had a hole was 2 foot deep and 6 feet across in 3 months. After the deer started working the sight I would just refreshen it about 1 once a month.
    But the key is there has to be deer in the area. I have seen some people think that just they place a attractant out they will have deer over running them. this is not the case. To prove my point you do not plant a apple tree and immediatly have deer baking apple pie that night. I have been with alot of people that do not know how to place attractants out they go to the woods and pour or place a salt block then piss right next to it. IMO you need to treat baiting/scouting the same as you do hunting it self.

9. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    I have used everything from Apples too bubble gum (well maybe not bubble gum). The best store bought attractive I have found in Deer Cocaine in the liquid form not the powder. I honestly had a hole was 2 foot deep and 6 feet across in 3 months. After the deer started working the sight I would just refreshen it about 1 once a month.
    But the key is there has to be deer in the area. I have seen some people think that just they place a attractant out they will have deer over running them. this is not the case. To prove my point you do not plant a apple tree and immediatly have deer camping out to wait till the apples fall that night. I have been with alot of people that do not know how to place attractants out they go to the woods and pour or place a salt block then piss right next to it. IMO you need to treat baiting/scouting the same as you do hunting it self.

10. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I agree with that; it all makes a difference.

11. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    excellent point bill ,i use mineral blocks on major trails on the way to feeding areas where they have to stop and stage before they feed or drink.some sites are devastated big holes where they feed dig and paw the ground.its fun to watch them they can not pass the minerals without eating the dirt and digging around in it!

12. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    The brown mineral blocks from the feed store work really good, I have one hole probably a foot deep and 2 foot across from just the block, One thing i have noticed, the deer tend to come to the block more in the spring and summer than in the fall..I think it may be because of the little ones nursing..My block is 100 yards from our kitchen window and we see deer there just about any given time..Most of that stuff is like flashy bass plugs, made to catch the fisherman, not the fish..:wink:

13. charlestoncatman

charlestoncatman New Member

State:
    arkansas
    i tried cmoere deer last year, as a scouting tool, just to find a big daddy, but i had no luck during about 2 week period i went out regularly

14. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Deer cocaine is the way to go. The liquid form they have changed the name now to deer cane but this stuff work for sure. I started putting it out three months ago. first they just started out licking it then they started pawing and digging little holes. now they have marked it with piles of deer crap. i am positive this stuff works because my dad is using a different spot then me.

15. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa

I am in total agreement with Jason on this !!!!! I have also used this "deer cocaine" and first it was like paw prints then it became like a 2 foot diameter circle and a foot deep I keep adding to it!!! I am getting ready to start a new hole I will take pictures!!

16. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Have had the same results with C'mere attractant. Nothing. Gonna have to try the Deer Cane stuff though.

17. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    There are too many natural attractants readily at our finger tips. Why pay for a high dollar hoax. Put out a little corn and some mistletoe. For some reason the deer love it and will come back looking for it. Maybe a little sassafras or some alfalfa.

18. Stainless

Stainless Member

State:
    Ft Smith, AR
    I have to agree on the deer cocaine. I use it with pretty good results as well. A few years ago I scouted out a spot in the National Forest and found a spot to throw a block down. Well I never went back because better opportunities presented them self else where. I went back the next season and there was a hole about 1 1/2 deep and 3 feet wide. I was sold on it and have used it every since.

19. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    last year i used the deer cane black magic,it worked really well and the deer located and used it immediatly.

20. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    I wonder do deer shave off all their hair when they go to deer cocaine rehab?:crazy: