Club Officers - Nominations

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hello all. Thought I'd toss this out a little before the meeting so you all can think about it before Saturday.

I've given the Club Officers agenda quite a bit of thought. I feel its important that we have good knowledgable people in position from the start to give the Club the best chance for success for the long haul.

I have thought back over the past couple of years and researched various post histories etc etc of each of the folks that have expressed an interest in the Club. I must admit, I have found each and everyone one of you to be stand up folks, whose hearts are in this sport and that who would uphold the values of the club through thick and thin.

Alas, I had to choose 'someone' to nominate for the first offices. Keep in mind, these are merely MY nominations and each and any one of you are free to run for the listed offices. We will have a vote for each office at the meeting on Saturday. Since I know that everyone doesnt know each other personally yet, the terms for officers for this year only will run for one year. We will re-nominate rerun a vote in January 2009. From that point forward, all club offices will have 2 year terms associated with them. This will give all of the members a chance to get to know each other, and go from there one year from now.

I'm open to suggestions as always, and look forward to your feedback. You can respond to gatewaycats@yahoo.com in confidence.

Here are my nominations for the following offices.

Gateway Cats Board Of Directors (4)
    Bob Simmons (Onecatfishbob)
    Tom Pelikan (Kutter)
    Harold Hicks (hickshh)
    Skipeye (skipeye) :smile2:

PresidentI will happily run, but cannot nominate myself. :wink:

Vice-PresidentMichael Jake

TreasurerGary Vinyard

Secretary
    Anybody quick with a pen and can take copious notes with lightning speed?
    This position will entail taking meeting notes, and reading from them at the next sequential meeting. Some very minor secretarial type work and computer assistance may possibly be needed on occasion as well.

Tournament Director
    Justin Wolfe

Membership Chairman
    Anyone with above average computer skills, capable of building and maintaining an excel spreadsheet?

For the purposes of my nominations, I did my absolute best to put friendships aside, and choose folks that I thought would give the club the best basis for moving forward. These names do not mean they are elected as of now. This will be up to the members attending the Leadstock Gathering on Saturday. Anyone is free to run for a respective office. If you, or someone you know has a high interest in running for an office, you'll have the opportunity to indicate why you would be good for that position and added to the ballet. There will be no hard feelings over these elections. If there are two or more folks running for a position, they will step outside while the remaining members vote so as they dont know who voted for who.

Cant wait till Saturday. Thanks for allowing me to take up some of your time.

Cuz

2. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Sounds good to me!:wink:

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Ok, I'll post again as everything from last night was lost.

I officially NOMINATE John Allen (Cuz) for the post of PRESIDENT of the Gateway Catfishing Club that he has worked so hard to bring to all of us. His hard work and stewardship for the sport are self-evident and need no further elaboration by myself. Can I get a SECOND on that nomination?

Can't wait for the first meeting!

4. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I second the nomination of John "Cuz" Allen for President!:wink:

5. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    all in favor say i

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    EYE! well can't just say I or Eye so eyei, hope thats long enough to post :wink:

7. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    what the heck just happen, Alot of post just disappeared. anyone know whats going on?

8. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    I was up to 500 post their gone

9. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    I think cuz would make a good president for our club
    he deserve it.

He put alot into getting this thing off the ground

ONCE AGAIN

(VOTE FOR PEDRO)

10. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    IIII, my vote is for "Capt. DANDY" aka Cuz for president

11. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I. aye. aeye, iiieeeee... Cuz works for me.. I don't think we could find anybody more dedicated to the club than Uncle Cuz... Hey Cuz can I nominate your wife for Secretary.. She's got all the qualifications, she keeps your head above water and runs the ranch when your not there... hehehe... You know, you'd think after all this time that I would remember her name...lol

12. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    TAKE YER MEDS H, TAKE YOUR MEDS!

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I thought about having someone's wife, including mine, to serve as secretary also. The part that scares me is that some of our meetings are going to be at Cabelas. That sure would put a damper on my buying power. :smile2:

You can call her Lisa, or Mrs Cuz LOL

14. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Cuz when you make it for President of the United States, What is your first thing you will change !! ?????

:crazy:

15. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I can answer that for him.. Mandatory 34 inch law in every state .. 1 per day

16. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Mrs Skipeye is gonna be at the meetings and join.. I nominate her for Secretary... We don't have to worry about Daryll, cause he stays in hot water anyway... hehehe

17. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Mrs Cuz said he is not bringing out a 34 inch limit on catfish thats not going to happen.. :eek:oooh:

18. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    well DH the first thing the president will probably do is replace at least one moderator

19. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    First Thing - MANDATORY one catfish per day possession limit on kittens over 34 inches in length. :smile2:

Second Thing - I'd send twinkster to John Hopskins University Hospital for a new back. :wink:

Third Thing - I'd pull the military out of Iraq and deploy them stateside to reacquaint the illegal aliens back with their homelands.
    :wink:

4th Thing - I'd realign the national budget and take money from the special interest groups, and redeploy it to our state conservation departments.

5th Thing - I'd have a National Catfish Day, and make it national law that all of our CITIZENS must be given a MANDATORY 1 month of paid vacation per year so that we might start to enjoy life a little bit like the Australians due.

Thats all I can come with for now. :smile2::smile2: Might be why I'm not President. :smile2::smile2:

20. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hmmm !! I would of thought you would of Bought yourself a new boat in there somewhere, and made all the boat dealers giveaway boats just to catfishermen.. LMAO

I could see this now, you would be the only President in the United States that would bow to your wife when she walked by..LMAO Cause I know she wears the pants in that family..LMAO

Oh an onecatfleshboob, your going down brother from another Mother in law.. :eek:oooh::crazy::smile2: