CLUB OFFERS GREAT PRIVATE LAND HUNTING AND FISHING

Discussion in 'LUKE CLAYTON' started by Luke Clayton, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    "CLUB OFFERS GREAT PRIVATE LAND HUNTING AND FISHING"
    by Luke Clayton

[​IMG]
    Luke Clayton

Did you ever wish you were wealthy enough to own fishing and hunting land across the Lone Star State? While actually owning the land might be wishful thinking for most of us, having access to thousands of acres of prime fishing waters and hunting lands, for a very affordable price, is really well within our reach.

My longtime friend, Dusty Schneider has been in the business of locating hunting lands, negotiating deals with landowners, and offering access to his hunting club members for almost 20 years. Dusty recently joined forces with another like group of folks that lease fishing rights to over 80 excellent lakes in Texas. The merger is known as The American Fish and Game Club (www.americanfishandgameclub.com) and the organization is providing a myriad of opportunities for those that enjoy hunting and fishing on a wide assortment of properties, rather than just one lease. Here’s the way the Club works: The member simply goes online and decides where he wishes to hunt or fish. The club’s website has a listing of properties that includes particulars to each lake or hunting area and very clear driving directions. A full time employee with the club schedules the lake or piece of hunting property for the club member on a particular day and the deal is done, simple as that!

This past week, I joined Schneider and long time club member Mike Hunn for a little bass fishing. When planning the trip, Dusty asked me to go online and choose a lake I wished to fish. With lakes well distributed across the state, I though I’d look for one close to home. I was surprised to find the Club has a lake within three miles of my home. I studied the details pertaining to the lake online and drove right to the gate. The map on the Club’s web page depicted a very accurate description of the various lakes on the property and the roads used to access them. Well organized!

[​IMG]
    Photo by Luke Clayton

Texas hunters are well known for ‘lease hopping’, changing from one hunting lease to the next, sometimes on a yearly basis, in hopes of finding that perfect hunting spot. With about 20 hunting ranches currently online with the Club, hunters have the freedom to hunt different regions and game animals, all within the same hunting year. Schneider says stands and feeders are in place, all the hunter has to do is schedule the time he or she wishes to hunt and show up.

“Some of our hunters are interested in hunting only birds, everything from dove to turkey, and we have a special package and rate to accommodate them. Others wish to hunt deer or hogs while some wish to sign up for fishing only. We have plans to accommodate the different levels of involvement with the Club.” says Schneider. I was impressed at the affordable rates; fishing rights on over 80 lakes is less than $300 per year and the other opportunities are proportionally, economically priced.

Habitat improvement is a big factor with the Club and Schneider says improving the properties to insure better hunting and fishing is something the land owners he works with really like about the Club. “We do everything from planting food sources for wildlife to creating cover for baitfish and bass on our lakes. We’re in this thing for the long haul and understand that proper management practices are key to keeping these lands bountiful in years to come.” he added.

On our recent scouting/bass fishing trip to the lake near my home, Schneider was continually pointing out projects to improve the duck hunting and fishing opportunities. “See that little area of standing water over there? This winter, it should be ideal duck habitat. We will soon be building a couple of permanent blinds here. Then, when club members show up this fall and winter, they won’t have to worry about spending time working, the blind locations will be noted on the locator map on our web site and hunters can go straight to the blind to hunt. We need to cut a couple of those dead willows and get them in the deep end of the lake to improve the habitat for bass.”

Fishing private waters without crowds is a real treat and one of the reasons for the huge success of the club. Many anglers like the idea of having sole fishing rights to a lake for the entire day. Some of the lakes have small fishing boats provided for the use of members but many of the Club members have their own 2 man bass boats or aluminum Jon boats with trolling motors. Most of the lakes provide good bank access, as did the one we fished recently.

[​IMG]
    Photo by Luke Clayton

The American Fish and Game Club gives it’s members affordable and varied use of prime private lands and waters which, to my way of thinking, is a concept whose time has come. Long gone are the days when gaining access to good fishing and hunting is as simple as asking a neighbor for access to his ‘back forty’ or fishing pond.

For more information on the club, go online to www.americanfishandgameclub.com or call 888-303-4822.

Listen to Outdoors With Luke Clayton at www.catfishradio.com and check out the new fishing videos at lukeshotspots.com

2. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas

3. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    back to this week's article

4. DwayneJackman

DwayneJackman New Member

State:
    hawaii
    hi,

:smile2:

The American Fish and Game Club gives it’s members affordable and varied use of prime private lands and waters which, to my way of thinking, is a concept whose time has come. Long gone are the days when gaining access to good fishing and hunting is as simple as asking a neighbor for access to his ‘back forty’ or fishing pond.:0a30: