club info

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by yellingrebel78, Jan 3, 2010.

1. yellingrebel78

yellingrebel78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    not for sure this is the right spot to ask this in.I'm wanting to start a catfishing club but how do I find out if the name I'm thinking of not already taken and also what all do I need to do to start a club I got a few people willing to be in it just got to figure out everything for a club
    Thanks Brian

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    club name should not be an issue if you don't grow too big. Do a google search for the name you are planning on using. If it don't show up, then it should not be a problem

Starting a club is not too difficult. Just get your friends together and decide on what you want to accomplish. you must have a purpose to be successful.

If you want to do tournaments, then look at every club you can find (plenty on internet) and decide what you want your rules to be. The rest is just leg work on getting your message out. Its not as hard as it seems.

Just remember, only about half the people who tell you they are coming will show up initially, especially if this is something new to your area. Once word gets out that you are accomplishing your mission, then more people will show up.

My first Chattahoochee HIllJack tournament only had 6 teams. By the end of last year (8 months later) we had a consistent 18

3. yellingrebel78

yellingrebel78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    thanks I been looking on line and nobody has the name I'm goin to use just got to get things started now also do have to have any kind of insurance or anything like you do with a hunting club

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  4. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    good luck to you on starting a club.....:big_smile: