Club History

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by Mac-b, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Since 2004, Cabela's has sponsored the King Kat Classic at different sites thru out the United States. Each year a club member has placed in the top 15, most were in the top ten. In 2004 it was Randy Bowels and Kevin Custer taking a ninth place finish in Iowa. The Santee Cooper tournament in 2005 produced two teams from the CCC finishing in the top ten. They were Robbie Byers and his dad taking a sixth place finish and Rodger Taylor and Mac Byrum taking tenth place. Hilderbran and Rhinheart came in seventeenth and Neely and Nichols were twentyeight. In 2006, which saw records broken for gross weigh, Ron Howard and his wife came in eleventh and Byres and his dad were twentysixth.

Also, the founding fathers of the NCCATS were members of the Carolinas Catfish Club and charter members and they still maintain a close relationship with the club. In case you don't know who they are, they are Omar Edwards and Tracy Setzer.

Rodger Taylor is waiting on DNA results on a possible state record white perch caught on Lake Wylie on the South Carolina side.

Mac Byrum is in his third year of a five year term on the Lake Norman Marine Commission.

Tournament fishermen in North Carolina and South Carolina are well aware of our presents at places like Santee Cooper and other places in SC and NC, when it is time to come to the scales.

If you are not a member of the Carolinas Catfish Club, we invite you to come and visit when ever you can and if you like what you see and hear, we would welcome you as a member. Our purpose is to educate, develop trophy fisheries, conserve our trophy fisheries and have fun fishing together and take a little money at tournament time. We hope to see some new faces at our next meeting and expect to see you regular members.

2. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Well said Mac. Catfish angling is growing and changing everyday. Many of us look at catfish as a sport fish as well as great table fare. As people become more knowledgeable and aware of the great resources we have here I am sure conservation efforts will be on the rise also.

3. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Wayne Estes, former president of the CCC and his partner won first place in the NCCATS at Santee Cooper on the 28 of July 2007. Also, former member Kevin Love took second place with his partner. Way to go guys!

Also this past weekend, former president Rodger Taylor and current president Dieter Melhorn won the catfish outing on Lake Wylie.

In 2007, NCCATS held two tournaments on Lake Norman and our current president (WylieCat) and former president (LakeNormanBlues) took a second in the first tournament and a fifth in the last one.

If there is a tournament going on in NC and parts of SC, you can almost bet that one of our current or former members will be in the top five. That says a lot about our club. The fishermen on Badin can attest to this fact.

Want to find out why these guys do so well in tournament fishing, come visit or join and find out. The secert is education and sharing information among its membership. Mac

4. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    What Mac says is true. I am a new member, and have learned alot in a short time from the other members. Plus Ive had the chance to fish with some of the clubs best anglers. From what I have learned from the other members I have placed in, and won a few of the small tournaments that I have fished in. I look forward to learning more in the future.

5. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Also this past weekend, former president Rodger Taylor and current president Dieter Melhorn won the catfish outing on Lake Wylie.

I might add this is the third one they've won this summer on wylie. That I know of.

Well done.

6. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Back in the days when we had the J&J Catfish Trail we had two Charter Members of the CCC who were State Champions from 2001 to 2005 and they were the Hendrix Team and Kevin Custers Team. Kevin was State Champion at least three times. Also during this time period we had two or more members in the top five at tournaments on LKN, Wylie, High Rock, Tuckertown, Badin and Lake Hickory when J&J was holding tournaments. Other members (Omar & Tracy, Jerry Hilderbran, & others) won their share of tournaments and top fives at Santee Cooper during this time period at Black's and Randolph's.

7. Bigbaldcountryboy

Bigbaldcountryboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I'm a new member to this forum,but not new to catfishing. I live at the upper end of lake norman near the state park. How do I become a north carolina catfishing club? I've read alot of your forums in here and I admire what you guys are trying to do for the sport of catfishing.

8. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    sent you a PM, BBCB.:wink:

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    BBCB, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will add you to our mailing list!!

WELCOME ABOARD!!!!!!!

10. Bigbaldcountryboy

Bigbaldcountryboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I cann't send pm's yet it won't let me. Says I have to have 10 posts first. I got yours Wylie but it won't let me respond.

11. moe

moe New Member

State:
    nc
    I haven't posted on this board much, but I just saw where Mac posted the Santee tournament that Wayne&Allen won recently. Wayne don't play around, he's won quite a few tournaments lately. I have fished with Wayne and you can't say enough for him lending a helping hand to fellow fishermen. Keep up the good work Wayne.

Moe

12. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Ron and Michelle Howard went all the way to Kansas representing the CCC and the two Carolina's. They had qualified to fish in the 2007 Cabela's King Kat Classic on Lake Republican and represent us they did! They were awarded third place finish, which is the highest anybody from the CCC or North Carolina has ever finished in the Classic.

Those attending the CCC September meeting showed Ron how proud we were of him several times during the meeting. Personally, I am still giddy about it. Little old Ronnie getting third in the Classic, dang, gee, wow, what more can I say. Mac

13. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    It is outstanding! :big_smile: