Club Fitness anyone ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Rollinunknown, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well im sure from my pic you guys can tell im not a normal size guy .

6.1/ 301 lbs .Ive never in my life ever! tried to lose weight and ive been in a 2x(now a 4x) at the age of 13-15 and when i had my own rig and leased to FedEx National LTL i was in a size 46 waist pants.Now after about 1 year of coming off the road im at a size 42 waist and ive done nothing.

I have 2 buddy's 1 was 362lbs and the other was 416 lbs after 1 year they have both lost over 100lbs and are now.
    They asked me over 1 year ago to join up with them.I told them dude i dont wanna work out and im happy being the size i am .
    Well after going shopping for new cloths and see how everything i wanted was 2x smaller then then the size i needed and a coat that i waited on for 2 years to come out and did not fit and was ready to spend 500 dollars on that i wanted so bad!And i asked the guy weres the 4x stuff he said that Dillard's has some stuff but it looks like old men clothes.

I was so pissed walking out of the Galleria in Clayton i told my self by my B-Day i will be back and i will buy all the shit i want and it will fit......... Time to doooo work SON!

So ive lost 7lbs in 4day's and i only have been working out 1 hr aday not even geting crazy with with just walking on th teadmill / rideing the bike and not eating bull shit mostly veg's and stuff and baked fish/grill chicken.

I made a list and said when i get to 220 i will feel a ton better look a ton better fit in to the clothes i want and my boat will go faster with me being 80lbs lighter.LoL!

I dont know what brought it on if it was more of the clothers not fitting or me and my x old lady breaking up a few weeks ago after 8 years and 1 kid.She got mad when i paid the child support up for 6 months :soldier: and got my own place LoL and said she can keep everything that i will get new stuff she was floored .

Any of you guys going thru crazy change's im only 27 but feel like im 40+ with all the bs going down the last 3years.

All i know is mark my word ... FISHING for 2010 is gonna be SICK!.

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I always slim down while batching it. Just something about it!! LOL

3. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    good job brother !!!!!!!

Im in the same boat I was at 360 plus lbs last year until last fall then i started losing some wieght and got down to 322 until december came lol wife made too many cookies and cakes and scotty got in the cookie jar well im having some troubles with my blood sugar so im now doing the protien diet only diet seems to work for me ..

I would like to be under 300 lbs by spring and this time next year be around 230 or so

heck I out grew walmart 2x clothes many years ago lol i was in 4x shirts now down to 3 x

keep doing what your doing and with time you will meet your goals and be happy !!!!

and all of us that batle with wieght fall off the straight and narrow at times so dont get down on yourself take a few days off ,, then regroup and hit it again ...

keep guys like me posted on your success and goals its nice to hear that we are not alone in the batle !!!!! and your success on achieving your goals will inspire guys like me to stay with it !!!

thanks for this post it really helps !!!!

4. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    Rollin,

I am trying to lose weight myself. I generally eat a low carb diet! It works everytime and sounds similar to what you're doing. Unfortunately, I have been slackin on the working out part, and need to get my arse in the gym.

Keep it up!

5. Rollinunknown

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks guys again! im going tonight with a few more buddys sofar there is 9 of us .. working out all above 275lbs.

It seams easier to work out when you have some buddy's around to help spunk the mood and bs with.

If anyone wants to go with its a fair price 64+bucks down + 20 a month.

6. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Me to, I was just looking into the YMCA for options but I know I will get all signed up and then the weather turns nice and I will be on the water. I will give it a try also as my current 324 is pushing it just a bit. Before someone asks I vote against having a Speedo contast when its over.:party:

7. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I cleaned up my eating starting last week and work out every weekday. I've done pretty well so far, but need to start waking up and doing an hour of cardio in the am and then lifting after work for the best effect. I did this two years ago just for the heck of it and lost 10 pounds the first month and put on quite a bit of strength....and then March came and all I wanted to do was fish so I stopped going.

Hunting and fishing always mess up my workout routines. Right now I'm 5'11" and 198lbs so I'm not too worried about it overall, but exercise does make me feel WAY better.

8. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    ill probably be the only one to say this but im trying to gain weight with very little success lol. im 6'2 and 145 lbs. id like to gain about 40lbs and id be happy. i need to start working more to. the last fire we had bout kicked my butt

9. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Adam, you look like you are in your early 20's. If you are then wait about 4 years and you will gain about 10 lbs every 3 years. You will do this with out even trying. If I were you I'd try to stay your weight as long as you could.

I myself would like to loose about 20 before spring. If my wife would only quit buying ice cream and cookies. Both are my big down fall. I've just started my routine of at least 30 minutes on the treadmill. Good luck to all.

10. Rollinunknown

State:
    Missouri
    I just got back and man im tired as hell my legs feel like they are gonna fall off .. i walked 4 miles today on the tread mil and did a ton of other random stuff...

The main thing is you have to switch stuff up .. 1 week do something then the next week do something els... its kinda like a job to your body its will get use to working out ina certin way and wont produce the best result .If you switch it up often watch out... i cant wait to show some before and after pic's guys!Looks like the first place im starting to lose weight is my neck and face .:laugh1:

11. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good for you man!

We are having a biggest looser contest on my block. 11 of us are participating. With the entry fee at $100 a head that is 1100 to the winner (by body weight percentage loss bu March 15th).

I am by far the biggest guy on the block 6-5 375#s. All I gotta say is I'm gonna blow these skinny bast$%&@ away! Our next door neighbor who weighs about a buck-30 joined. I crap a buck-30!!

We are four days in and I have lost 9 pounds so far. Mostly water weight I'm sure, but I'm off to a good start. Not doing anything too special--just a lean low calorie (1500) diet with an hour per night on the tread mill. I know I could probably do more but I'm in this for the long haul and don't want to burn out. Once I drop 20 or 30 pounds I'll get a little more active, but for now the mill is working.

best of luck to you all!

12. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I've been weight training for many many years now..PowerLifting and Strongman meets are not strangers to me...I'm 6'3" 368 (as of today) with a 40" waist. I wouldn't mind slimming down so that my abs could be more prevalant. :laugh1:

Good for you! Lifting weights and staying active is truely a lifestyle change for the better! Way to go brother!!

13. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Good luck all! Wife started cooking healthier but I am resisting. She weighs like 103 lbs so don't even know why she is worried about it, LOL!!!!

14. McLovin

McLovin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's awesome man! Good luck with your venture. If you find your short on time and don't have an hour to spend on the treadmill, one thing that has worked great for me in the past is to do interval training on the treadmill or in my case my elliptical machine. I only go for 20 minutes, but the way I do it is I start out at about 50% for the first five minutes then from there I take the intensity up 10% every minute...so at the 5 minute mark I go up to 60% and then at the 6 minute mark I go up to 70% and so on, up to 90% then work my way back down to 50%. I usually do this twice in 20 minutes, and its a heck of a work out...it keeps your heart rate up and give you a really good workout in only 20 minutes. Good luck!

15. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Adam....just hit the weights, do zero cardio, and then EAT EAT EAT! Hard gainers will have to eat a ton of food to put on any size. You'd probably be fine eating 4-5k calories a day. Try and keep it as clean as you can, but you'd probably have to eat something "junky" to get that many calories. That would be a TON of clean food.

I have no idea how many calories I'm eating, but I just eat clean foods, don't eat till I'm stuffed, and drink only water. Once I get to where I'm at a stand still, then I'll switch over to high intensity interval training for cardio and six smaller meals a day to get the body going again. If I stick to my guns, I should be in pretty good shape come summertime.

Also I give myself a break on the weekends because I do like beer and also eating out. A few beers and then somewhat clean restaurant food doesn't seem to hurt me. Actually I think I do better eating a bit more on the weekends because I feel so much more energetic for my Monday workouts compared to Friday's after being strict all week.

16. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I to started working out again, I am 6'6" and about 260 right now, would like toget back down to 245 and cut, I am doing the P90x, all I can say is that sheet works your arse out, I am not following the diet, and I have already seen a huge improvement in muscle tone, I did it for 3 months last winter and have beent he fittest I have been since I quit playing college basketball 8 years ago. Good luck to all.

17. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
  18. lovedasmelloffish

lovedasmelloffish New Member

State:
    California
    Keep up the good work fellas. A few pointers.

1. Always eat breakfast. It kick starts your metabolism.
    2. Don't skip meals eat 4-5 small meals/snacks a day.
    3. There are going to be days you are just plain tired and don't want to go to gym. Change it up. RIde a bike around the house, go for a hike, go for swim ( great for weight loss when not to dang cold) etc.
    4. Drink a lot of water. If your thirsty, your to late....
    5. ( this is the easiest and works great) Do 25 push ups every time you go to bathroom, kitchen...Work your way up in count. This really works great and quick guys. DO elevated push ups at beginning if you need to, on counter/bath tub,etc. Change the width of your arm spread to hit different muscles.
    6. Have fun and mix up your workouts.

Best of luck all and stick with it!!!

19. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    way to go guys!!!

20. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Larry the Cable Guy on the radio this morning:

That working out stuff is for the birds! My daddy smoked cigars and cigarettes, drank beer and ate gravy on everything but BOOBS! and he lived to the ripe old age of 47!:Happy: