Cloth Diapers... Anyone use them?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TA2D, May 1, 2006.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    We have recently switched to cloth diapers for my youngest, and these are not the tri-fold kind you buy at wally-world, these go on just like regular diapers, they either close with velcro or snaps. They are expensive to start, somewhere between $10-18 a diaper. So far they are great, keeps his skin dry and my wife thinks that they look so cute, but if it makes my wife and son happy I guess. They may be expensive to start, but will actually save money in the long run.

Aaron

TA2D

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I heard that DH uses them! LMAO.:tounge_out:

Seriously, my parents used to get them for my little sister. That's all I know about them.

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    What do you mean uses, LOL??? He wears them, LMAO!!!

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    That's what I meant....LMAO:wink:

JW, I bet you've got to have one of those pictures of him fishing in his pink diaper? Oh I forgot, this is a family site, better not post them....LMAO

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm sure I used them many years ago and I turned out maybe ok.
    I was thinking about using them again as I get older , butt, at 10 bucks a piece, I better hold my own for as long as I can cause my Sons aint going to spend that much on me, much less wash em. :big_smile:

Seriously, anything you can wash and reuse, can save in long run.

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    No, we use disposable diapers. Have always heard that those diapers will hold bacteria that does not clean during normal wash. But, I thought bleach killed everything. LMAO Who knows??

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    No doubt you read this on a box of Pampers, LOL!!!

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    No, when researching before we had the baby. There were advantages and disadvantages to both. We just went with what we felt more comfortable with. (Plus the fact I was probably not smart enought to fasten the cloth diaper right each time, LMAO)

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You Just Ain't Right Tea, LOL!!!

10. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    No problems so far, should be able to hang them on the clothes line before too long and that will help to kill any bacteria..... UV radiation from the sun. We had to switch cause he was getting a bad rash that would not go away, we tried many brands of disposables and nothing worked, within a day of him wearing these the rash was almost gone. The cost bit a little bit up front somewhere around $400, but at the cost of a box of diapers $20, 2-3 times a month it evens out real quick. Now my wife is learning how to make them at home, it should save us some money over buying the premade ones. An added bonus is that people are willing to buy gently used ones so when my son grows out of them, we can sell what we have left.

Aaron

TA2D

11. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    These are easy to operate, especially the ones with velcro, just like the ones out of the box, pampers, huggies, generics.

Aaron

TA2D

12. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    At least they have velcro now. Course that might hurt nearly as much as getting stuck with a safety pin. Can y'all remember that, as a child?

13. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i had a diaper pin stuck in the side of my junior johnson:crazy:
    when i was a baby and it left a permanent piercing
    i should call a lawyer :angry:

that kind of thing can traumatize a person and make them abnormally crazy later in life:roll_eyes:

14. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas

When I wake up in the morning and I remember remember what I posted yesterday. I'm good to go.:tounge_out:

But now that you mention it, maybe that is why I walk with a limp. Those pins struck a nerve. :eek:oooh:

15. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    cloth diapers(depends) I could'nt resist:big_smile:

16. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Heck I didn't even know they still existed I thought that was just another urban myth that I would tell my grandkids about. LOL Makes my fingers still hurt thinking about all the times I poked myself instead of kids.

17. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I absolutuely remember them as my parents had some interesting ideas about child rearing.I was the oldest and as each new addition came along their crib majically ended up in my room.SOOOOOOO I had to learn to change diapers,warm a bottle, test it for temperature on my arm and worst of all practice my "Trade" at 2 AM.:tounge_out: The worst thing about cloth diapers was the dreaded DIAPER PAIL.That was my moms favorite punishment for childhood misbehavior.You had to empty out the diaper pail.Diapering was an art form as you had to learn to fold them properly which wasnt easy, then pin them without stabbing the baby.Of course you can get "even" with a brother or sister that way also.:big_smile: If you are worried about bacteria I wouldn't as most of us made it this far and we all probably started in cloth.Just buzz them in the microwave on high.THE DIAPER not the baby.:wink: :roll_eyes: :smile2: