Closed threads in the BOC Outdoor publications

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by rodpod, Apr 28, 2006.

1. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Why is a majority of the articles closed in the articles section? There are a few that I read and had a question about something that wasnt explained clearly. Or there may be a situation where a member has made a modification that made item better. Or maybe someone had success with a method seen in there and wanted to tell the original poster in what type of conditions it worked in. Also, It would be nice to keep all of the BS posts out of there from people raising their post count by saying "thanks", "welcome to the boc", "good idea", "random stupid joke", etc.

2. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Brent, that section has always been just for information articles. If we allow chit-chat in there it will grow into a huge cluttered up section of posts. If you have a question, comment, suggestion, etc, feel free to make a post that links to the article you are reading in the appropriate section of the board. It will show up on searches just the same as it would in the library. And if it adds to the original post, it will be added. Even if it's not closed, it will be put in a que til it's approved or deleted. Just about all the articles that have been added recently were Copied from the open board into that section. So most of them are out here somewhere. A few are not, but I always try to make a post somewhere for comments. Anyway, the idea is to have a clean and free of talk information area. Thanks.

3. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Yeah i understand. The Indianapolis Star website has vbulletin, and they have some type of deal where the moderator has to approve the message before it gets posted into the thread. Cant we do the same thing in that area that way the chit-chat gets out of there? I know theres plenty of people who would take the task of modering that subforum. Seems like less work than making a complete new thread then going to the old thread.

As far as the searches go, i cant navigate the BOC for crap because i have to wait 60 seconds every time, its a pain in the butt. Hell, ill even pay more money for donations if you put me in a seperate user group where i dont have to deal with the stupid timeouts.

Ill shutup now, just trying give my 2cents to maximize my BOC experience. :embarassed: