closed roads to the arkansas river

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by crackers, Jun 6, 2009.

1. crackers

crackers New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I just moved to the little rock area, new to Ar. itself and so far I like it but my question is this and some one tell me what is going on I googledmaped an area of the AR. river and found a boat ramp off of Asher road, and it winds around till you get to the Ar.river. but when I drove out to find it it was closed off and posted and said no hunting or fishing with out written permission from what I think the name was Goose Pond LLC tell me what gives. my understanding this was put in by the conservation department which tax payers paid for and now its private... someone who knows please tell me what is giong on... googlemap it and follow it to the river and you will see what im talking about and some of the road is gated off too. something aint right...

2. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    same thing going on in misipy every year or so ........ state puts in a ramp on land that the state gets a long term lease on ......... at the end of the lease , the landowner cries "too much garbage left on his property" , walla , he has a private boat ramp at all taxpayers expense ................ at best , the state should go in and at least tear up the ramp so no one can use it ..........

3. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I agree about tearing out the ramps If we the taxpayers paid for it and now we cant use it. Some folks just get over.....

4. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    I am with the rest of you on this.

Also, some parks along the Arkansas River are not accessible anymore. The state decided they did not have finances or shoulf I saw the Corps of Engineers did not have finances to run them. So they closed them off and most of them have been gated and grown up where you can not use them anymore. Myself and Angelkitty visited one of those places last weekend. You could still get to the river , but all the picnic areas, camping areas, and boat ramp are grown up with weeds and bushes.

I think there is a better solution than to let all those tax dollars go to waste. Let a taxpayer take them over and help mantain them for free rent or maybe even let them purchase the land for a discounted price.

Gotta be a better solution than closing them and letting our tax dollars go to waste!

5. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Good mornin BOC

Newt,
    That is a good idea, maybe something like ( adopt a park !!!! ) I also belong to a Hikeing Group, we do that with The Ozark Trail, keep sections of it open for the public, it is all volunteer work, the Forest Service furnishe's all of the tools and hard hats and stuff like that and also the insurance in case some one gets hurt, they have a little class before we start telling us how to be safe, how to run a chain saw ,

Maybe something along the same lines could be done with the Game&Fish Dept. in Arkansas.

That is a good idea (((sure glad I thought of it ))) LMAO !!!!!!!!!:cool2:

hope you had a great week-end

cliff

6. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    :smile2: Crackers Welcome to BOC and to AR, will agree with the way there closing and privatizing these parks and ramps, sounds like a few good ideas to write the AGFC and your congresman. I am a local myself but not a boater I mainly back fish @ the dams on AR river if you need any help getting to now the Little Rock and serounding areas fill free to shout @ and one of us that fish these lakes and rivers :wink: Rayplay

7. crackers

crackers New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I am going to call somebody about this and see what is going on. I dont think this is right after taxpayers have paid out all that money then let it go to some one that closes it off to the general public,and make it for members only. some one has there hand in the Ar. department of conservations backpocket.... if you have any information who or where too call with nombers please post them so i can call them. I want to know what is going on with the boat ramp off of Asher road. and how to get it opened back up to use for the public not that they have to keep it up but just to make it accessable to the public again... thanks for all the responds and give me more information if you get any...

8. crackers

crackers New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    found out that the area to the boat ramp off asher road from case road was abandoned by the courts but its in littagation, every one that can please call you game and fish department and protest it being closed or shut down and that you want to use it tax payers money was used and now it will be going to private ownership or the road to it will and if that happens you will not have acess to that area again. please help me by calling whoever you can and get this stopped. I just moved to this area but I dont want to lose my rights to fish or have acess to an area to fish. just because someone wants to own the area for themselves.you guys paid for this to be put in and now your will lose it if something is not done now..... this boat ramp is to the Ar. river.someone is fighting this abandoment in the courts now and i would like to find out who it is so I can give them my support to keep it open if any one knows who they are let us or me know so i can lend them my support to keep my rights to public property and to fish and hunt....

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GFC GAS MONEY I thought it was for Game and fish