Close Call

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Mo.Hick, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I have been having chest pains for a while. Well yesterday it woke me up at abouit 2:00 am. Got up at 3 to go to work. Just keep getting worse just about passed out at a stop light. Got to work and finally decided something was majorly wrong. Drove myself to the hospital. Did some test on me and I had the main artery to my heart 95 to 99 percent blocked. They did the baloon and cleaned it out then put a perniment stent in. The doc said if I had waited a few more hours it would have been a major heart attack and porbabley would have killed me. They have put me on 5 new meds and are keeping an eye on it but said everything should be good now. I feel better now than I have in months. Just thank GOD that he still has plans for me or maybe I would not be here now.

Tom

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Dang Tom, why don't you try to hang around a little longer?:eek:oooh:

Still lots of fishing to do. Glad to hear you caught it early.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    W-O-W! Glad to hear you are OK. Just goes to show that we need to listen to what our bodies are telling us!

Bill in SC

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    The cards were definitely in your favor Tom. I've always believed a man wouldn't die a minute too early or a second to late but there isn't any need in pushing the limit either. Daddy has had several stints, angio-plast, and finally a quad by-pass. He made some serious life style changes after momma died from a heart attack, and lives a happy active live now at the ripe ole age of 80. I wish the same for you.

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    glad to see you are better,that was a close call alright

6. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Man buddie ,glad you got fixed up ,i plan on doing alot of fishing next year ( cause my boat will be fixed ) and i will need your help landing the biggun:crazy:

7. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC

Man, I know you're always saying you're hard headed, but I never realized just how hard that noggin was till I read the sentence above - about keeled over at a stoplight and STILL went to work before the hospital:eek:oooh:

All kidding aside, glad to hear you're fixed up and feeling better! Good fishing buddies are hard to find, tell the doc I said "thanks" as well:wink:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tom were glad to hear you got it taken care of before the big one. Praying for a quick recovery.

9. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thank God Your alright Tom.Take a little bit better care of Yourself Now OK !!! Cause ifin Ya Don't you know what's going to happen ???? Yep The Little Lady will be having a Big Old Garage sale and we will be buying All your fishing gear for 10 cents on the Dollar,:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh: J.D.

10. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Tom, I'm glad you're OK. I hope that you have a speedy recovery. :big_smile:

11. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    One of the hardest things to get past when you are having a heart attack
    is the fear that this is just a bad case of indigestion or something. You
    could be wrong and look like a hypochondriac. Your clear sign was
    probably passing out at a stop sign. That aint the peppers in the sauce
    there fellah! Even five alarm chili doesn't do that to ya. Glad that you
    didn't try to work through it. Probably would have killed you.
    Every day above ground is a good one, buddy! Enjoy!!

12. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Thanks for all the replys brothers. The main reason for this post is that you never know. I thought all the pains were just stress. Just listen to what your body is telling you. Man what an eye opener for me. Maybe I won't be so hard headed now:big_smile::roll_eyes:. My wife would argure that one. But it is humbleing to get a wake up call like this. Still have some pains but the doc says it is from the procedure on getting the artery cleared out. Once again thanks.

Tom

13. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    glad you made to the hospital !!!!! get well soon brother god bless ya !!!!!!!

best wishes to ya and your family ....

14. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I understand what you mean.In 2004 i had severe throat pains and a headache that would not go away.I just kept putting it off. {As i think most men do}.I ended up having a 6 way bypass it was by Gods Grace and Mercy i did not fall over dead .I was a walking bomb and the small heart attacks i was having should have warned me.I chose not to heed these warnings...Guys don't make the same mistakes if you ever have chest , throat pains sickness in your stomach , numbness in left or right side down the arms, a severe headache that will not go away.{Ask your doctor about the warning signs} Get to the hospital . If i am going to go out this way i much rather it be in my old old age not at 43. The very very sad thing My Best Friend Fell over dead from a massave heart attack in 2006.I was the one that found him dead on the kitchen floor. {It was my Brother}.

15. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Glad to hear you are going to be OK. Maybe this will help someone else NOT put it off. Wonder why all us guys are the same!

16. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Tom, I am glad everything worked out and you are okay. Take her easy so you can go after them blues next year.
    Besides, that stretch of river needs a towboat.:wink:
    Merry Christmas buddy!

17. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Wow!! Glad to hear that you caught it before it was too late.

18. angiereid21

angiereid21 New Member

State:
    Excelsior Sp MO
    glad to hear you ok :big_smile:

19. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

WOW:crazy:, Glad to hear your going to be ok.

20. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Tom sorry to hear about the scare. It is things like this that make us look at life different and see just how much we need to enjoy every day we have. I know after my close call it did that for me. Enjoy every chance you get and hope all gets better for you.