Close call but ended well

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by mbill, Aug 7, 2009.

1. mbill

mbill New Member

State:
    Midvale Ohio
    Hey everyone, just wanted to share a story with you all even though it doesn't really pertain to catfishing.
    Anyway my wife and I are both medics in the military reserve so at times we tend to have a busy schedule when neither one of us are at home. So this whole week I have been on my base and after getting here as usual I rushed out of the house and forgot one of my uniforms that I really needed. After calling my wife and asking her to bring it to me on her day off she decided to stay the night on the base after getting here. Well she left for her base yesterday morning to do some paperwork that needed done and got back to the house about 3:00 pm, only to find we had been robbed. She calls me all upset telling me what they took and my stomach is dropping as she is talking. Come to find out all they took were 2 laptop computers an X-Box 360 game a Nintendo WII and all the games and wireless internet routers and connections. I asked about all my rifles and shotguns, and also way too much money in fishing gear that was sitting not 15 feet away from all the stuff that she mentioned. Yep I stack my stuff right in the dining room in the corner for a faster exit for my fishing trips.:big_smile: Yep she said that stuff is all here, so now I'm not all that panicked because I seemed to be more worried about that than any of the other things (hope that doesn't sound messed up to you guys) but thats just me. Heres the happy part about an hour later they nab the dirt bags and come to find out it was a friend my sons that he hasn't seen for about 10 yrs. I remeber this kid being in my house about 2 weeks ago playing that same X-box with my son. I say kid but he and my son are both 22. This is the same friend I said get whatever you want out of the fridge to eat or drink. You guessed it he was casing my house from the start and seems he only was intersted in video games and computers to play with. (cant figure that out ) But guess what today he and his other friend are in jail facing felony, grand larceny and pre meditaded burglary. WHOO AHH. We got all or things back they had it all still with them. Man if he would have found my BOC password I would have freaked. LOL:smile2:
    So chalk one up for the Law Dogs they did a fine job even chased him down and nabbed them.
    Well sorry this is a long story just wanted to share it with you guys and tell you we may need to be a little more watchful of our things, with times being a little tough now for some. I know I had my guard down a little and was living in my comfort zone.
    Be safe guys:wink:

2. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Matt, sorry to hear about your misfortune... But DANG glad to hear that they caught them, and you are getting your stuff back!

Nothing like justice right?

Thanks for sharing!

3. Golden

Golden New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I have kind of a similar story. I was stationed at Fort Hood TX and living in the barracks. after i left my room to go back from lunch is when some one broke in to my room and stole my xbox360 and 20inch tv and picked what movies they wanted. They even had time to pick up my camera and take out my 2g memory card and put the camera back. but they left my 22inch monitor and my 1800 dollar computer. So they knew what they wanted. never got my stuff back. I had to buy all new. Its the worst feeling to get robed or stole from. I feel for ya but at least you got your stuff back.

4. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    sorry to head bout the break in glad you got all your stuff back:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile: like me my fishing in my diner room so when i am ready for fishing trip pick up go

5. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i would gladly let someone intrude my home and steal my things if i knew they would be caught and i knew they were charged :) thats an awesome story man, couldn't have worked out better.

6. mbill

mbill New Member

State:
    Midvale Ohio
    I agree Jason they left the big screen TV that everything was plugged into Go figure EH

7. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That sucks man I hate thieves. It is better to have stuff like that happen when your not home. I live in the city and a good friends older brother got robbed while home and they shot and killed him. Another guy I know got robbed recently but wasn't killed just pistol whipped. I hate thieves.

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Matt I'm glad all ended up well. While reading the post I was think right along with it that this has to be a younger group taking only comps an games ect. Then at the end you say your son's friend an I was was like I knew it. Glad all turned out well in the end!

9. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    glade to hear ya got everything back matt and you and ur family are all ok...sniper

10. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Glad your story had a good ending...some don't.
    A perfect ending would be if they would give you ten minutes in a locked room with the scum bag while they "went for coffee"
    ...W

11. bigcat54

bigcat54 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Awesome story Matt. Glad they caught the guys and got your stuff back.

Chad :big_smile:

12. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Glad it had a happy ending and even more happy that your wife wasn't home. Hope they get tied to a tree and beaten with a piece of barbed wire. Stay safe and keep your eyes on long lost "friends"!!!:wink:

13. msd7806

msd7806 New Member

State:
    Pegram, TN
    That is a good story. Glad they caught the low lifes.We went to the woods the other day to check our trail cams. We get to the property and my Buddy's dad said somebody had been up there snooping around. He had some old cars up in the woods. It used to be an old junkyard. Well we get up there and you could see where they had been. We get to one of the visible trail cams and low and behold somebody tried to steal it. It was fastened to the tree with 3" lag bolts but you could tell they tried to pry it off. Well, they couldnt but took the memory card out because they knew their picture was on there. We moved the camera to a hidden spot because i got a feeling they will back. All they needed was a screwdriver and they could have taken the camera. Where the camera used to sit is a note screwed to the tree saying "good luck finding the camera that took your picture this time you #$&%% *%&%^ !*$^%& and expect a vist from me real soon." I got a feeling who it was but cant prove it at the moment. But i got all the time in the world to catch these pricks. I know it was prob kids because they didnt even try to hide the fact they were up there. They left the car doors open they searched through, they left a empty 1 litter bottle of sprite in the middle of the road. If they get to read my nice little note i left them they will be freaking out trying to find those other cameras. they wont. but i bet i find them. The thing that makes me the madest is we were watching some good deer grow this summer and that camera was in the best spot. We were excited because the horns should have prettty muched maxed out by now.

14. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    In these times you can never be too careful..:eek:oooh:

15. Ben Noll

Ben Noll New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hope they burn their ass.Thanks for you and your wife's service.

16. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    glad you got all your stuff back

17. cudadustin

cudadustin New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    Man that story gets me all pumped up!!! Every man loves a good story with some payback. Too often that kind of thing happens and the perpetrator gets away with it. Not this time though. It would be nice if this was the way it happened everytime.

I'm glad you got all of your stuff back. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my electronics on a rainy day. We're all 12 on the inside!

Thanks for sharing that story. This site isn't just about catfishing; it's all about brotherhood! This is what brothers do; sit back and shoot the...well you know.

18. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Glad they got caught. Let us know how it ends up after they go to court.

19. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Glad to hear it turned out well for you. I suppose there are times when things actually go right and the bad guy loses. Sad though that it ended up being someone that had been invited into your home and turned around and took advantage of that. too many people today have no respect for anything.

20. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the post! It's not very often you hear anyone getting caught after a break in. I'm glad to hear you got your things back and the bums are in jail where they belong!