clonk???

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by flathead1, Aug 18, 2008.

1. flathead1

flathead1 New Member

State:
    minnesota
    Has anyone ever used a clonk ? :confused2: I know it"s more than likely a gimic, but still would like to know if anyone has ever used one with results.

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Sam, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:, best catfishing site on the web! Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there.

Whats a clonk ?

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Had a Clonk maker on the BOC several years back. Issued out clonks to the membership for testing. All test were a failure.

4. flathead1

flathead1 New Member

State:
    minnesota
    A clonk is a tool used by people to make a specific noise to attract big cats.Or at least that's the story.I'll try to load a pic.[/I]

5. carpdoctor

carpdoctor New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I went fishing with a guy last week that had a clonk. I can't say we caught anymore fish but I enjoyed watching him splash it in the water. I had to turn away and laugh so he wouldn't c me.

6. hock_paul

hock_paul New Member

State:
    illinois
    Denny Halgren of Dixon illinois was one of the pioneers of this technique, and still uses them to this day. He is one of the best flathead guides in the country and fishes the rock river in northern illinois, one of the best flathead catfisheries in th U.S. Several magazine articles and videos have been written/made about his unusual style of fishing. Most of them can be found in In-Fisherman where he is a contributor to the catfish-insider. I hope this helps and good luck!:wink:GOOD FISHING!

7. ggoytia

ggoytia New Member

State:
    Texas, Fort Worth
    Dont order from them unless you have paypal..No response ,item never shipped took me 1.5 mo to get my money back...........
    Buy yourself a castnet and catch yourself some shad or whatever you use.

8. ggoytia

ggoytia New Member

State:
    Texas, Fort Worth
    If I remember correctly the sell was catfish caller. Cant seem to find the website.

9. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Paul,

Denny Halgren of Dixon illinois was one of the pioneers of this technique,

Like I said before, the BOC had these YEARS before there was even a whimper on the main US Catfish Spectrum.

The same company changed and started producing the Cat Caller, after they were dropped from the BOC.

The clonk was tested, and shown to be ineffective in US Waters. This test was ran by people like you, normal catfishermen within the BOC without a marketing agenda.

Like many products, it gets capitalized on at later dates, and will sale, with the right amount of hoopla.

The latest version is the electronic fish caller By Bill Dance.

If you just want one for the fun value, thats cool. Makes a great beer talking tool.

If you want it to increase your fish catching ratio, you will be disappointed.

10. hock_paul

hock_paul New Member

State:
    illinois
    I don't buy gimmicks either, I was just giving some info. on the "tool". I really don't believe they help at all. |Besides, if you're not fishing where the fish are even dynamite won't help!:wink:

11. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I can't remember ever hearinig of anyone saying it worked except in an ad or endorsement. LOL Wonder why that is. Some great European technique that's been around since time began, only it won't work for our fish. LOL

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That reminds me Bryan, why are Americans such suckers for British accents selling baloney? :roll_eyes:
    I don't want to hear it Winston! lmao:smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I have one and use it at times. Does it work can't say 100% yes or no. Does it hurt no it does not. I have used it a few times this year when fishing was slow and I did catch fish with in 45mins or so. Did it make the fish bite you tell me. I can say this it was free and I will use it when things are slow just incase it might help.

14. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
  15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    OHH YEAH ,Lets all rush out and by the all new GIMMIK :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::cool2:

16. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i really thought it was one of those small ball bats you whack a fish to subdue it by the side of the boat....:roll_eyes: