Clonk - Anyone ever used a clonk?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by gargoil77, Feb 17, 2006.

1. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Has anyone ever used a clonk? I'm a little skeptical about them. If anyone here has used one and really think that they work then i would be willing to buy one and try it.

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Couple years ago we had a Sponsor who made the, "Clonk". We gave out several for member testing, and the results were less than desirable.

Do they work?

Probably in some situations.

Would people have the patience?

Probably Not.

Would most people feel embarrassed using it?

More than likely, the average person feels uncomfortable using a metal detector in public, much less slapping a wooden rod on the surface of the water :confused:

3. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    At least it's cheaper than that "magic" fish attractor (the submersible green light that sells online for some ungodly amount).... ;)

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Reminds me of a free gift they probably gave out when you bought a pocket fisherman.:006:

5. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    yea i dont think they would be any good either, just a waste of money, but who knows maybe some people like em and have luck with em.

6. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I have seen and I think it's a waste of money. I would rather get a pocket fisherman...LOL:rolleyes:

7. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

Mrs. Cataholic used to use a Clonk very effectively,
    After every time I'd go out with the boys and drink!
    I don't go out with them anymore... Clonks work!

8. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Thanks for all the input fellas. Thanks Cataholic. Your post helped me decide not to get one.

9. bent_pole

bent_pole New Member

State:
    harrodsburg, kentucky
    Cataholic, maybe its the person that is using it that makes the differance...:) Witn my wife, sometimes it is just a "look" that makes things work LOL

10. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    I think there may be some possibilities for the clonk to work on flatheads. Surely some of you guys have fished with old timers that slap the water with a paddle when crappie fishing? My son was throwing a cast net off the dock in my pond and after he had been stirring up the water for a while he all of a sudden began netting a bunch of big crappie. I think the commotion called them in. I may get one this year and post my results.

11. Sinker

Sinker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    After all the descriptions of garages full of equipment, addictions to aquisitions, collections of various devices, it somehow seems a little ironic to hear that remark from among the ranks!

12. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Haven't tried the Clonk yet. But will get one and try when I have a boat.
    I'm not sure at how it'll be for flatheads. But I think that when used properly it should work for blues. I think the best test would be to bring a European clonk using catfisherman over here to try it on our species of catfish.

13. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I caught several blue cats in the 50# to 90# range while standing on the bow of my boat and pee'n into the wind.

Send me 5.00 and I'll tell you which direction the wind was blowing:p