Clinton Spillway

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by KSflatheadKING3511, Mar 26, 2007.

1. KSflatheadKING3511

KSflatheadKING3511 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    i am going to try my luck at clinton spillway do any of you know if the cats are anygood there if so what bait should i use

2. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If they are letting some water out of the lake you can catch some fish. I watched a guy cast big twister tails one day and he caught a 45# flathead. He told us that they have to flowing water for it to work. He made his own jigs and I think they were like 3/4 or 1oz jigs with real stiff hooks. I wouldn't have believed it but there were several people down there fishing like that and I saw several others caught but nothing like his fish.

3. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Here is a link that you can look at to get an idea if they are releasing water:

http://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/water_reports/lakepool.fct

It's at about 7cfs now, which is basically what leaks through when they aren't releasing. I wouldn't bother to go there when it's under 100cfs, it takes about 500cfs to get it really running.

Baits? Sunfish, shad, even worms would be worth a try, but I would wait until the water is running.