Clinton spillway

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by countryboy32c, Aug 21, 2009.

1. countryboy32c

countryboy32c New Member

State:
    Lansing, KS
    Thinkin bout goin to clinton spillway tonite anyone know if they're bitin up there?

2. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    Welcome to the BOC/SOC Rick. You'll find alot of useful information here. Water at the spillway is pretty muddy right now I think. I just check the discharge rate ( http://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/lakes/ ) 21 cfs. There not let'n much water out.

3. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    They always bite there really. Try worms and liver. Garentee u will catch something. Lots of drum...eww. Carp, katz, if you have cut gillz, that would be best.

4. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    Also... Everytime I'm there your eatn alive by bugs. But not once have I not caught a fish there. Ever. Saw a nice bass pulled out there too on a spinner. I recommend going on the north side of the damn next to where the rocks start. Its only 4ft deep about 100 out but I caught a 10 pounder there on minnows.

5. johnliester

johnliester Active Member

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    Trying to figure out the eeww on drum. Obviously haven't ever tried them They filet out very well. I use a sharp knife to get most of the red streak out, and fry them up!! Nice clean white meat, with a very mellow flavor.
    If I went to a spot and all I caught were drum I'd be happy as a pig in $%^#!!

6. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    Yeah yeah yeah... lol I hate drums taste. to be honest with you, i dont eat fish, I grew up fishing and camping and I still love it! haha. But I remember when I tasted drum for the first time while camping and it was nasty to me! I'd rather eat catfish. I dont even really like that. But I have plenty of people in my family that would break down my front door to get to my freezer to get some fish meat! lol

7. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    you cant judge it by that 1 time. it might be like spoonies that if it aint cleaned right and/or cooked right then its nasty and ya wont wanna eat it again. as soon as i can get with Charlie and have him show me how to clean a gar im gonna give it a try. asians are eatin rew gizzard shad so cooked drum has to be just fine. to each their own though.

8. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas

Hmmm. well im open to try it. I'll have to try it next time I have the opportunity!