Clinton Report

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by millertimemarine, Apr 21, 2008.

1. millertimemarine

millertimemarine Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Name:
    Wyatt
    i was out at clinton yesterday and didn't catch anything all day long. i was using nightcrawlers. at the end of the day i went to the spillway and was messing around with a little white jig and caught a 23" walleye. a few days prior i caught 2 channels, (1 2lber and 1 3lber), a little drum and a white bass. white bass are supposed to be biting pretty good i heard. going out again this weekend to see how things are. i've gotta find a place to net some shad from the bank. is there any place i can go that i dont need to pay to get in so maybe i can get some off of a dock or marina? unless the best places to get bait are in the park.

2. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

shad can be caught out by rock creek from the bank most times.also the wararuesa river bridge down below that i have netted alot of shad over the years

3. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Ran up one of the feeder creeks on Clinton today(took vacation this week) all the way to the first riffle in search of whitebass..............nobody home, weird year might have missed them. Had to settle for a dozen 11-14" crappie:wink:. No mushrooms where I was looking, but did find 9 little ones in my front yard(go figure).

There's my Clinton report.

4. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I tried the Wakarusa for white bass last Wednesday. I didn't do any good either, had one on, but the hook came out. Missed the run last year too :angry: Sounds like I need to get down to Clinton, would like to get into some of the nice sized crappie like you caught, instead of the 6"-8" Lake Shawnee specials :embarassed:

5. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Charlie at least you found some fish.I went to hillsdale yesterday the only boat that was doing any good was the state shock boat he had 30 crappie a 6lb bass and a 5lb walleye I went clear back to the end of the cove navigating only a few inches of water in my bass boat and still couldn't get any bites right where they were shocking. I got skunked twice in one weekend. That's never happened to me before. I had motor problems on the jon boat and my yard was so swampy I couldn't get my bass boat out of the shed without tearing giant ruts in my yard. I need somebody to show me the ropes on the Kaw and at Clinton. Seems like I used to catch fish at Clinton. I'm off every Sat,Sun and monday let's go man. Eric

6. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Don't feel to bad Eric, that rain we got shut down my fish also. I didn't catch a single crappie today, crappies is some moody critters for sure.

We'll have to get together some time, I'm a weekend warrior now. With gas prices the way they are I doubt I do much more than Clinton, Perry and the Kaw.

ps. I cut ruts, mole destroyed my yard last summer anyway:angry:

7. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Trying to get the wife to let me put down gravel in the ruts so I could at least get some traction.Put 16x16 pavestones and they cracked multiple times the first time I drove over em. eric

8. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I went up the Wakee past the Dons Steak House bridge cought 14 whites and 2 hybrids in 45 mins. All the whites are really small males. The hybrids are also small, 14 inches. All bit pearl white mister twister 3" shad body. I fished a bunch of spots that have always been good in the past with no luck till I found this spot. Seams to have more water flow in this spot and they were stacked in there.

9. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

man u guys are makeing want to go fishing but i will wait a few more weeks for the river to be to more my likeing...b ut i really wanna though

10. millertimemarine

millertimemarine Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Name:
    Wyatt
    Here's a picture of that walleye I caught on the spillway.

Attached Files:

11. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey congrats on the fishing trip, glad to hear that you headed to the spill way and had some luck, this should be a great year of fishing, good luck on future trips and keep us posted on how you do.

12. dlbenthusen

dlbenthusen New Member

State:
    Louisburg, Kansas
    Going to Clinton this weekend. Haven't fished it much. Were is the best place to fish for cats? Fishing from shore no boat.

13. dlbenthusen

dlbenthusen New Member

State:
    Louisburg, Kansas
    Well did'nt realy know were to go. Sunday morning went to Bloomington west BR4 just to the right a bunch of trees. Was out for about 2hr from 1030 to 1230 and caught 4 channel's and had 3 get off. 1 bad knot, and I had a quick release for my hook on my bass pole straitend out. And my wife let one get off. I was using shrimp. It was real windy, we had alot of little bites that took my bait but it was hard to tell some of the time with the wind.

Let them all go, were all around 2 to 4 pounds. One looked full of eggs.

14. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Under todays condition sounds like you did well...The wind was a killer today..

15. cat lineman

cat lineman New Member

State:
    kansas
    sounds like you did pretty good for the way the weather has been

16. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Stinkbait bite was real slow on the lake this morning, kept 5 eater fish but spent a lot of time for those. Threw some chum around and didn't feel like it helped, noticed a lot of buzzard were on the ground up by the dam.........must be some high pressure keeping them grounded(bad fishing in my world). Think I'll go buy some shrimp and start doing some drifting with that, maybe not as good as shad, but a lot less messy. May have to look into some of that Dead Red Tom is so high on. Lots of new stumps in play now, they've really dropped some water. Anyway, there's a Clinton report.

17. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Dead Red, shimp and a good drift should be a good bet right now.

I seen shad at Perry over the weekend but they were only about 1-2" long.Few more weeks and should beable to net a few.

Looked like a good hatch they were everywhere.

18. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    caught some 6-8 inch shad at perry spillway and made a few drifts n. of the ozawkie bridge.fish were finicky but we managed to catch 3 in 2 drifts.i think the lake dropping had them messed up.

19. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Yep the lake getting back to normal and no release will help.

20. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Clinton shad aren't that big yet, hatch does look to be pretty go though. I know a lot are getting ate by the whites and wipers, their everywhere you look on a calm evening.

Son wants a fishfry for his birthday party around the first of Aug., so I've got to get busy fishing:crazy:. Will probably end up running a trot or 2.

Think the cat's are on the spawn about now??