Clinton Lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by coalminer78, Feb 25, 2006.

1. coalminer78

coalminer78 New Member

State:
    Lincoln, IL
    Clinton Lake is my favorite fish hole. Thought we could start a thread to tell conditions, hot spots, and catchs. I have not been out this year, so any luck this year?

2. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    I haven't been down there yet. We usually have a cold weather get together and fish Dewitt bridge from the bank and then have a spring get together and fish the hot water when it opens on the boats.

3. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Right now, we would need an ice breaker. The last I heard hot water was not flowing. I am ready!!

4. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tomorrow, I am going out. Going to let it warm up a little and put in the water at Clinton lake around 10 am. I’ll be fishing but mostly going to see if the boats ok. I put on a new trawling motor on the back of the boat and I want to see if it is ok. I might ever doing a little dragging for the trawling motor that I lost last fall. Maybe the fish will be biting.

5. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Good Luck Doye, Hope you have a GREAT day...
    Keep us Posted :0a23:

6. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well, I went. I don’t think the reactor was up yet, there was just a little steam at the hot water return. Got there about 9 am and just got home a few minutes ago. There were two other trailers at Mascoutin boat docking area. When I backed the boat down the dock , there were several dead fish on the ramp. Three carp and one catfish and 3 shad.

When I tried to start my motor, the battery turned it over about twice and died. I knew the battery had meet its maker because I had it on the charger all nite. I switched batteries, I have another in the boat for the trawling motor. The boat engine turned over a couple times and started. Yea Yea.

The water temperature at the docking area was 55; the air temperature was 48. I try all around the dock area to get some shad, blue gil, or sunfish. In about 40 min I had gotten two shad. I went down to the Dewitt bridge. The water temperature there was 62 and muddy. The wind was out of the West about 10mph. There were two bank fishermen and one guy father down out in the lake with waders in water above his belt. I think if he took one more step he would be in 15ft of water. I never seen any of them catch anything.

I didn’t get a bite, I tried shad, some walmart catfish bait, and cheese bait. It was a beautiful day, and I found out I needed a new battery. After I was fishing for a little while, I looked for the guy in waders. I didn’t see him, I hope he went back to the car.