clinton lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by just a redneck, May 29, 2008.

1. just a redneck

just a redneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    thanks for letting me be apart of this awsome club i have learned more in a few weeks than in a lifetime of fishing and the poeple are so friendly its amazing . there is a spot outside of lawrence down 6th street heading west hang a left on 442 and another left farm road 550 there is a good spot out there with deep water nearby a big flat with stumps a point a cove and a creek all in the same area i havnt fished there yet but seems like it would be very good for big cats i might be wrong but figured someone might like to try it thanks again proud to be part of the boc

2. youngbuck

youngbuck New Member

State:
    Kansas
    :0a27:It sounds lke a reel good spot if you try it out give us a report. WELCOME TO THE BOC.:cool2::0a23::006:

3. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Welcome to the brotherhood Stephen!!

4. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

sounds like either deer creek or coon creek both sound like that. not bad palces to fish on clinton used to spend alot of time in that area

5. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Welcome to the BOC redneck...i think you will fit in well with this group.:smile2:

June 6-7-8 we are meeting at Milford good chance to meet a lot of BOC members.

Hope you can make it out

6. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    My thoughts exactly Tom, but that Deer creek point is pretty darn shallow all the way around and Coon is just to "busy" for me.

Welcome Redneck.

7. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    Stephen, Welcome to the BOC. Godd to see another member from Lawrence on here.

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC from Missouri Stephen.

9. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

yeah it is on the shallow side but i have caught some decent fish over there but your right it isto busy over with people partying and so on they will check your lines in a hurry over there if they can find them i do know that thats why i sick with the river for the most part... how ya been charlie? catching any?

10. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Welcome aboard! Glad to have ya.

11. carp 5O

carp 5O New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Does that coon creek area still seem as "busy" as it did five years ago? Since they closed the area to camping and put up all the cable it really seems to me that the party element has slacked off a bunch. You don't seem to see as much trash left over in the parking lot nowdays.

12. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Aaron, not near as bad as before. Guess I should have added a little more to the post................anyone else within hearing distance is to busy for me!!

Now for a Clinton report. I finally broke down and went catfishing (first time this year), took the boat up to the Rock creek area and put 5 2-3 pounders in the boat in about 45 minutes of fishing. Had motor issues and didn't bring a light so didn't fish long. Lake is up and muddy, fish where caught in about 3 feet of water near flooded willow(standard issue Clinton fishing for me). Caught all fish on 1/2 looper rig using Wicked Sticky for bait, they were swallowing a #2 treble with ease so switched to a 6/0 gama Octopus........that fixed that!! The Looper looked small on that big hook, but never missed a fish and all were lip hooked. Find yourself some flooded willows (preferably with some waves rolling in) and load up on some eaters!!!

13. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    so shad are outlawed from your boat but stink bait is ok?:smile2:thanks for the report charlie,are you still comin to milford?

14. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Don't forget I'm a 2 boat man...........that 16' flatbottom gets me into where the dinks live:embarassed:. Think I got some water in the gas, but the Yamaha is running good now.

Took vacation starting at noon tomorrow till Monday, so here's the plan...........gonna fish Clinton tomorrow evening for the whiskered dinks, then head for Banner Thursday to chase some crappie with the cousin(with proper crappie fishing craft), Friday plan on heading for Milford to meet and greet then go point hopping for everything but catfish:tounge_out:. Don't know if I'll spend the night or not, but will pack some gear just in case. You planning on heading over that way??

15. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    AAHHHH i forgot,i shoulda known better than that!!!!3 feet of water!!:roll_eyes:
    yeah we're gonna head that way friday,get our bbq and drink on and maybe some fishin fri night and fish a tourney sat.im hopin youngbuck will be re-named youngluck after saturday:big_smile:im gonna bring a couple loins with that mountain man rub on em you liked.

16. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Went last night and got a limit of eater's, but the bite has slowed and they are not as aggressive hitting the bait..........had to downsize the hook.

Here's some free advice..................if you clean out your boat, be sure and put the plug back in it:embarassed:

Off to chase scaly fishes

17. carp 5O

carp 5O New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Far the next several days at Clinton at about 1030 AM fish along the state park shore line. The masses decend from the park, take daily bath in lake, and retreat for another 24 hrs of sweat and smoke. If you can find fish in the standing timber think of it as dinner and a show. Enjoy the wakifest.

18. muddy waters

muddy waters New Member

State:
    texas
    coon creek is excellent for crappies but the cats are on the creek arms and the spillway i use to use red chartuse led heads and caught a 56 lb flatty that way in the heat of the day high noon... lots of twenty ponders right below the dam!! and when the water is flowing good a half mile down from the dam there is a park area and you can walk down a cliff onto a rocky water fall and seen several 50 to 60 pounders caught there!!! the best time is after a heavy rain and they open the spillway for bout three days then its good with the water moving luck out or fished there so much happen to catch it when they slowed the water back to a crawl after having the gates open for a few days the big'uns go crazy!!! had been there for a couple hours one night with not even a bite... me and my bother inlaw hooked into 9 fish that nite nothing under 25 lbs.!!! in 4 hours my hands hurt from haulin em in......:smile2:

19. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    BEEN THERE---DONE THAT!!Charlie

20. youngbuck

youngbuck New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hopefully my name does change and we can catch some big uns