Clinton Lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by goingfishin, Feb 6, 2008.

1. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Can anyone tell me where to try this spring? I have a tournament March 15th and have only been on Clinton once.

2. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Were is the launch site for the Tourn.? That will help out some unless you want to run across the entire lake wich at time on Clinton is not fun at all.

3. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

you will launch from the pay side i am sure when i did that turnament thats where they were.run the mouth of the creek just up from that ramp will load up with channels early

4. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

if the launch from the same place it should be out by the marina i forget what ramp that is.would be creek/cove real close to it pass on that one go to the next one.look at the map and you will see what i am talking about. that next creek is were the guys that won it took most of them

5. kuhlcat

kuhlcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    Both main lake arms are good. The Rock creek are is the safe bet if the water is rough but the two tournments I fished their I did real well on the Wakarusa side but I haven't fished their this year yet. March 15th is early and the fish might still be deep or at least on the breaks and if you prefish like any successful tournament angler knows it depends on the day and the fish. Clinton has a ton of timber and alot of channel breaks in it so their are endless options as far as places to fish. Good luck and I will see at the tournment.

6. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    whats up Troy,bout

7. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    whats up troy,i wondered when you were gonna find this site.you still fishin with virgil this year?clinton is just right around the corner.seems kinda soon for the 1st tourney but whatever.i need to keep an eye on your posts to figure out the tricks it takes to win money at every tournament:smile2:now if i can talk joe and carl to becoming members i will have all the info i need:smile2:good seeing you on here and ill talk to ya at clinton

8. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Dan, you should come fish the tournament. If you have not fished one before, they are a blast.

Troy, thanks for the advise, you show great sportsmanship consitering the fact you are fishing the tournament. I saw you and Virgil last year, wow, guys placed in almost every tournament. Good luck and I will introduce my self at the tournament.

Caleb, did you find a partner? Little Caleb was talking that he wanted to fish some with you. Are you fishing the Clinton tournament?

Thanks for everyones help. I really apreciate all the advice.

9. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Ok, I guess if I would have read your whole post I would have seen that you are going to be there. The stuff I did in my teenage years must be catching up with me.:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh:lol

10. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I'm hoping to hit a couple this year. My big boat is still getting worked on. I was trying to talk my brother in to letting me take his boat out, but his motor is not running right so he has to take it in to get worked on.

We were thinking of doing the one at Melvern. That is kinda his lake, He lives in Osage City so it is a short trip for him so he knows it really well. If all goes well then I'll see you at a few, if not then we will have to plan a time to go out togather.

11. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    cj,between slate,scott and lil caleb i should be able to have six poles in the water at each one.

12. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    good deal. I am going to feel really bad beating you. lol:smile2:

13. kuhlcat

kuhlcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    Caleb, I don't know if me and Virgil are fishing together this year yet it sometimes its hard when you have two captains in one boat. We might fish a few but we will see. I'm really looking foward to this years schedele this year I am very famliar with all the lakes we are fishing. Plus I am thinking about going to Henderson Ky so I will be coming with my A game to prepare for the classic that the main reason I joined the BOC to learn more about the Ohio but their are some other good things that I have learned in the short amount of time that I have joined. Are you going to the boat show this weekend?

14. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    im gonna feel really good seeing the look on your face when you get skunked from being cocky

15. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    troy,yeah i plan on going sunday to check it out.prob be in and out in a half hour like every other year but what the hell.im still undecided about henderson,it ll prob be a last minute decision if i do go.

16. kuhlcat

kuhlcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    It's not cocky it's confidence that's something I learned from Virgil but alot of it has do do with preparation and sending alot of time on the water and I will be out their figuring out a game plan and sticking with it. Luck is a combnation of hard work and preparation.

17. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    i was talkin to CJ bout being cocky

18. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    all this talk about the tournament has made me program it in my phone. I think im just gonna hafta show up & check this out.

19. kuhlcat

kuhlcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    Oh, sorry I'm just getting pumped about the tournment. Competive catfishing is something I really enjoy. It's really fun to see everyone's styles and to see the weights plus you can pick some brains to find some new tricks.

20. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Ya I know, I just wanted to see your responce. I wish I could have seen your face when you read it.