Clinton Lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by cat4life, Aug 17, 2005.

1. cat4life

cat4life New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Anybody had any luck at Clinton latley?

2. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Haven't been on the lake in a couple of months. Need to though, freezer could use a little more stocking. Sorry.

3. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    i heard from someone at school they were catchin a bunch on sonnies and danny king.

4. CatDaddy23

CatDaddy23 New Member

where is clinton lake at .

5. Individualist

Individualist New Member

State:
    Lansing, Kansas
    It's a couple miles west of Lawrence.

6. cat4life

cat4life New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    I have heard of many big fish comming out of there but I cant seem to find one that has come out of there over 80 lbs. I would like to see if anybody could find that. I have looked forever. Tons of 79 and 80 pounders but none over 80. Good luck let me know if you find one.

7. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Keith, if you can't find it get a hold of me and I'll draw you a map :p

I see you figured out how to get your picture back up, that's really to bad :cool:

Whats really scary is I'm starting to understand your sense of humor.........I better have a cold one and think on that a bit.

Rivers up and got a little debis, but doubt it will stay up long(the river).

8. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Mcflat and myself took 14 eater's off of Clinton today. Some on a trotline with little shad for bait(lakes full of em) and some on dipbait over chum. Chum bite was slow. Let the freezer filling begin, I broke out the soap :rock-big:

9. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Charlie,
    Sounds good on the eatters. Bryan and I hit Atchison state lake a few night back. We caught a bunch of 2-4lbers. We were going to keep some to fillet but I was too tired that night. Went back the next day and caught one too small to keep. :sad: Go figure! LOL We are going to try again soon. I'm going to try focusing some energy on the lakes around to find some flatheads for the freezer. I haven't eatten any flats in forever!

10. McFlat

McFlat New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Charlie forgot to mention that he caught most of the fish. LOL

How did you do today Charlie?

11. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Only had 2 fish on the trotline, but did finish out the limit over the chum. Tragically, I had 3 that went over 4lb..........you know I hate cleaning "big" fish,hehe. Because I can, I switched one pole over to a circlehook and went 6 for 6 on that rod. I missed one fish but it was just a tap-tap hit and probably wasn't big enough to get the bait in it's mouth. Didn't rebait the trotline but still plan on catching my limit in the morning..........maybe I won't get wet tomorrow.

Enjoyed the heck(must be careful) out of our trip Mike, next time we'll get serious with some big steel and bigger baits!!

12. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Charlie,
    I tried to respond to that message we had going on the arcade but the system only allows one message every 3600 seconds. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

The first time I only played once. I didn't relize you could keep going. The 2nd time I played atleast a dozen times. LOL I wouldn't have put that 92 up if I would have known that.

13. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Geoff, check my thread directed at you in the Kansas talk section.

Even now...................it's about to hit the fan :crying:

14. McFlat

McFlat New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Charlie, despite me being bad luck, you know I had a great time too. Gimme a holler before your next 7 off.

15. McFlat

McFlat New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    MMmmmmmm. MMMmm. Charlie's Clinton Catfish sure are good. Just got a batch fried up and now I am inspired to the get the freezer properly stocked.

16. CaTfIsH90

CaTfIsH90 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    HEy, i went to Clinton in the middle of this summer and fishing was excellent. I had 90 keepers in 3 days using soy beans and Sonnys dip bait. We fished about 3 hours a day and ended up with 90 not counting the ones we threw back.

17. Individualist

Individualist New Member

State:
    Lansing, Kansas
    At least you were within 20 of your daily creel limit if they were channels?

18. CaTfIsH90

CaTfIsH90 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Couldnt throw back any keepers especially if they keep on biting, and the limit on channel is 10 i believe. Yes they were channel

19. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    how many people were with you

20. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    30/10=3. I'm going with 3 fisherman. Chumming is a dang good way to get some fish in the freezer, it also keeps my 9 year old from whining about no bites :D