Clinton Lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kscatman, Mar 30, 2007.

1. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    I finally got into some cats at clinton today. 1 to 3lb eater size. Felt good to finally get a few. I start a liittle early every year, and spend a couple of weeks wondering why i'm not catching anything.

2. bigbearfireman

bigbearfireman New Member

State:
    Lawrence,ks
    went fishing this last sunday between me and my buddy we caught 5 channels and yesterday took my other half with me we caught 3 channels and two drum. sundays cats weighed 1-3 lbs. :0a22:

3. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Finally got out and did some fishing, haven't been able to go since just before the lake iced over in January:angry: .

My 10 fish limit weight a whopp'n 20 lb., did have fresh fillets on the grill for dinner though:big_smile: .

Caught the fish shallow, foot to foot and a half deep, on sureshot punchbait or shad. 8 on punch, the other 2 on shad...........the larger fish were on shad.

Some crappie being caught shallow(males) so think I'll head up a creek looking for some warmer water and maybe find the fat girls:wink:. Whites should be up in the ripple run area's also.

4. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Hey Charlie,
    Have'nt come across any of your posts lately, just thought I'd drop by and say howdy. You think you might make it to Milford ? Calvin said he probably would, that'd be great if we could get together again. You going to be able to make to Toronto next month? Jerald, Matt and me are planning on it for the weekend of the 18th, try to sneak away. Later!

5. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Hey Jim,

I read everyday but don't have much to say so haven't been posting.

Would love to make it over your way this summer, but will have to see how things work out. Between shift work, my son's baseball, and family matters my time is spent. I'm ready to get off this fast train, but the depot is nowhere in sight!!

I'm on my 4 nights on the 18th and have to save my vacation for upcoming baseball tournaments, so I won't be making it. Hope you all have good luck down that way. Thanks for giving me a holler!!

6. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    There are plenty of whites and wipers to be had on the dam right now.

7. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    To windy on Tuesday for me and had the ever popular "honey do's" on Wednesday..............now I'm on my 7 straight days(day one, yeha).

8. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Charlie,
    If and whenever you do get the chance, let me know, I'd sure enjoy fishing with you again, specially if you use your dip bait:lol:

9. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    It's punch bait, not dip bait, punch bait:big_smile: .

If I make it over for a drifting session I'll be bringing the "blood"!!

Off to work I go................only 11 more years, hope to retire at 56:smile2: .

10. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Thanks for the lead Eric, specks for dinner tonight:tounge_out: .

11. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

channels still running thick in the shallows:big_smile:

12. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    I'll be heading up that way tommorow, not sure where though. There calling for a southeast wind so figure I'll head for the Rock creek area.

13. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

shad is moving thick through there. should prove to be fun

14. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Just went and caught a couple dozen nightcrawlers out of the yard, man this rain has them out thick. I won't even grab them unless they were all the way out of the hole..........took maybe 5 minutes to get 2 dozen. Between punchbait, crawlers, and fresh shad I should have something they might like:big_smile: . The game plan is to catch my 10 eaters then go look for some larger channels. Al Diebal(?) from US cats is thinking about having some evening tournaments during the summer on Clinton..........would like to make a few since there in the backyard.

15. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

if they have a turney there i will be trying to get in on it myself...... looking for a partner????? if not i may have a buddy that might want to go.went and got a five gallon bucket of shad this morning. should have a bunch for awhile.green worms are thick this year too might go dig up a few hundred

16. bigbearfireman

bigbearfireman New Member

State:
    Lawrence,ks
    Rock creek boat ramp and the parking lot is flooded.The water level is at the begining of the entrance of the parking area for rock creek. The area will be prime for fishing once the weather stables out for us all.

17. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Looking forward to fishing the flooded Bloomington campground, hope some of the big channels will move up on the grass. Probably caught 40 eater fish last Friday, after you get your 10 fish limit the other 30 2 pounders get a little redundant:roll_eyes: . Guess it could be worse!!

18. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    Bloomington is where they are at.

19. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

can it be fished from shore?? or will it be a boat thing

20. Charlie365

Charlie365 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I would also like to know where to fish in the Bloomington campground area. Is it in shallow water in general, or is it in one of the camping areas in particular ??

I have a small aluminum boat with trolling motor only so can't go very far with a top speed of about 2 mph.

I may go out and try on Saturday morning. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm assuming I can get down to the campground area on the normal roads with no flooding? I can put my boat in by hand off the trailer.