clinton lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by JERMSQUIRM, Oct 11, 2005.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    where did all the fellas that fish the lake go?? robert, doyle,. are ya fellas still here???

went over this weekend and fished the discharge. the cold front swept through thurs and slowed the bite. talked to a fella there that said wed as the front was hitting and it was raining and cold not fit for no man on a boat he caught 47 channels. :eek: and i was gonna go that night but had to stay home to watch the lil one. :crying:

2. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    I was talking to a couple of guys who crappie fish Clinton a lot and they said that the reservation area closes with the opening of duck season.
    They didn't know when but they thought it was on or around the 13th.

3. kingArthur

kingArthur New Member

State:
    Clinton IL
    Techniacally it never closes if you know the ways around that, but the hot water is always the best place for the cats. Also the DeWitt bridge is a good spot to fish around 10 at night. Another good place is the power plant bridge, which is not accessible by boat after 9/11. I have caught numerous fish at all these spots. Good luck

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    hey arthur. i live in waynesville. nice to se a lake bro. so maybe we have mutual friends. my wife is from clinton. says thoma is from her relitives too. :D

the closing of the discharge is oct 31st and the area they shut off after the 9-11 scumbag attack was awesome fishing with the underwater dams and emergency pond.