Clinton lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by IL_CATFISH, Jul 25, 2006.

1. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey fellas, do any of you live near or fish the power plant lake in Clinton often? I live in the Champaign area, actually just recently moved up here, and talked to someone about the fishing over there recently. I was told they have the lake stocked with some monster strippers and what really caught my attention was that there apparently are some big flattys in there. I would love to get some information on the lake because I have never been over there and am contemplating a weekend trip. If any of you guys fish this lake and need some company just let me know. I'm always looking for new fishin buddies. You can never have too many :wink:

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ryan, I go to Clinton quite a lot. I mostly go during the week as I am retired. The weekend is pretty busy for me. If you can do a week day some time, give me a pm and I'll try to plan it. I am not going for a week or so because I am putting on some sideing.

3. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Doyle. I'll try to get some time freed up. Do you have any idea where I can get a map of the lake? I'm gonna try to pick your brain once I get an Idea of the lakes setup :big_smile:

4. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
  5. LarryS

LarryS New Member

State:
    Clinton,Il
    http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/fishing/news/story?page=oimsfishing/index
    Here is another map for you, shows fishing spots, and what type of fish that are usally caught there. I work on the lake so the only chance i get to fish is after work, but they are catching some Cats around the 48 and 54 bridges. Along with some Hybrids,Whites and Stripers but nothing to get excited about.

6. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Cool, thanks Larry

7. illnoize

illnoize New Member

State:
    illinois
    I fish clinton alot, As far as Im concerned Clinton has one of the best fisheries in east central illinois.

8. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Do you find it to be excessivly crowded on the weekend?

9. LarryS

LarryS New Member

State:
    Clinton,Il
    You are lucky to find a parking spot on the weekend. Illnoize, where you fishing the lake at?

10. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    Clinton is an awesome Channel Cat lake. Yes it can be crowded on the weekends but lucky for us the catfish generally don't put on the feed bag until after most of them are done playing. If I really need to get out during the daytime on the weekend I will usually go to the no wake area's.

11. BigGreen

BigGreen New Member

State:
    IL
    Clinton lake is a nice lake. I like to fish the other south side of the dam when it is flowing.