Clinton Lake

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by IL_CATFISH, Jul 24, 2006.

1. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey fellas, do any of you live near or fish the power plant lake in Clinton often? I live in the Champaign area, actually just recently moved up here, and talked to someone about the fishing over there recently. I was told they have the lake stocked with some monster strippers and what really caught my attention was that there apparently are some big flattys in there. I would love to get some information on the lake because I have never been over there and am contemplating a weekend trip. If any of you guys fish this lake and need some company just let me know. I'm always looking for new fishin buddies. You can never have too many :wink:

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Doyle and cats4uandme (Jeremy) hit Clinton quite regularly..
    Click the search button up there and search for Username Doyle. He does a great job of posting a report when he goes, or giving out some good info on where to fish it...

3. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey thanks, i appreciate it

4. mattoonboy4

mattoonboy4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i would prolly go fishin with u but i dont fish with strangers...especially if i dont know what they look like! haha, seriously tho, u need to get back down here when me n your brother move in and we gotta hit the embarras for a weekend.

5. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois

I would but I have a rule of not fishing with anyone uglier than me (you'll scare the fish!). LOL, thats only about 15 minutes for neoga. I can probably help you guys get your lines out sometime. I doubt that its really gonna pick up or another month or so though.

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    man i had pics of over 100 cats i caught in that lake this spring. the threads dissappear after 30 days of no activity. going tomorrow.

7. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

I need to get back down there and fish. Hard to believe it's been a whole year since I've been to Clinton Lake. The last time we pulled in 3 little channels, after fighting a 20 mph wind just to get across the lake.

Ray

8. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois

let me know if you need a partner

thank,

ryan

9. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ray, I'll get my boat out that day too, so when you do it ... Post it loud:lol: