Clinton lake update

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by JERMSQUIRM, Apr 11, 2006.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well i got the CATillac out this weekend and hit the water to see if the pre spawn action was on. went friday and saturday.

had no trouble getting shad in the warm water area. the water temps was 84 degrees in front of the discharge and mid 70s in the surrounding area. over all water was 65 in the main lake.

friday we trolled around and crappie fished for a bit. 1- 6"er that hade to go back. then came a storm. went to the bar up the road for some grub and a beer to wait it out.

back on the water in an hr and decided enough was enough. time to do what i do best. catfishing. the first mess was 6. i caught 5 and my buddie jon caught 1.

saturday we went back and i caught 8 and jon and trevor caught 7 between them both. second pic.

tossed one back to let him grow and cut one that came tangled in the wood.

trevor was getting the net for one of mine and had one of his rods not in a holder. it never slowed down as it went over board. a south bend baitcaster and rhino rod, lol.

stayed till 11:30 pm and drained both batteries. we got a jump from the only other boat in site but it died again. i had knocked the quick disconnect apart on the fuel line unknown to us as i tried to pull start it. lol. so no fuel to go. so they toed us back to the ramp. still a good night.

the third pic is some baby ducks we seen sat afternoon while draining my first deep cycle down crappie fishing. couldn't seem to get them to hit.

my buddie jon and his newly divorced dad are moving into town right across from me and these should make a great house warming meal for us.

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    All in all, seems like a pretty nice time in spite of the boat trouble. Bet them channels fry up real good - YUM!

3. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Nice group of channels. :)

4. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thats the way to go on the fish! Did your battery go bad or just over used? I had to buy one this year.

5. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    couple of nice channels you all got jerm...

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv

funny ya should ask. i got one in 04 and one 3-05. i have 6 marine in all and the rest are much older. charged all them on sun and today all read charged and these two new ones were charging at 8 amps. im taking both to be tested as we speak. there both under warrenty. they needed a bit of distilled water but both were charged before winter.

thanks guys. im sure ill be going again soon. like prob tomorrow.

7. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    What bait did you use and the type of rig?

8. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Bruce, I'm going to guess cut shad on the bottom. Nice going Jeremy.

Ray

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    100%correct. cut shad on carolina rig with 4 oz banks up the plume of the discharge ditch.

just got back from wally world. the new 1 year old battery we switched to on sat was shot. got a new one for 1/2 price. crap. i was 3 weeks past the 1 year free replacement.

just vacume sealed the cat fillets today. the foodsavor i got from a member here for some sinkers is great. ill use it to death.

10. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    great pictures. You guys are making me want to get back home right now!!! Great moral booster! Great mess of fish.

Darrell

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    here is another update,lol. thier hitting like mad. we went out thursday and ended up with 12 nice ones and lost a few. a storm was coming in at 10pm so we left early. at 1am a severe storm with hail and 80+ winds rocked lincoln illinois and we were out of power from 1:30am fri morn till 2:20am saturday morn. we got only hail (marble size) and rain.

these pic's are the ride out and fishing.

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    here are pics of the fellas and fish.

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    this is more of the fish and after the cleaning session. only two had eggs. we try and toss those back but its not always easy to tell. so we just eat the eggs too.;)

14. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    great pics thanks for showing

15. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    probably be going again soon. man the pre spawn is great fishing. not a dull moment.

16. HuntinFerChannels

HuntinFerChannels New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nothing like a good catfish fry nice fish keep at er

17. wizkersNworms

wizkersNworms New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the great posts and pics! You're making a lot of us excited!

18. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Dangit Jeremy!!!! You are making the rest of us jellous(sp?). Maybe you should take Doyle out with you so he can catch some.

Ray

19. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ray there only a limited number of catfish at Clinton... with Jeremy getting them all there isn't any left for me.:crying:

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    been a bit slow latly. a few each time. going camping this weekend. fri and sat at mascoutin.