Clinton Lake results

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by goingfishin, Mar 16, 2008.

1. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    I wanted to congratulate Troy and Ryan for doing well yeaterday at the "tournament". I dont know their exact weights, I just know the top four teams were in the 20# range and every one else if i'm not mistaken did not make it over 16#'s. I'm glad to see some BOC members in the money.

Also the Nebraska guys that fished with us, I want you to know that in my opinion Clinton lake is the worst lake in Kansas to fish at for cats. I dont want you guys getting the wrong impression about Kansas lakes. Last year if you did not have close to fourty #'s in the boat you would not make it into the money. I just don't want you guys to get scared away for Kansas lakes due to Clinton.

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    How many teams entered?

3. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    nearest i cood tell, all of em :wink::smile2:

4. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    from what i heard i think about 13 or so.

5. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    I think 12 or 13 which is less than I thought would be there. The Pomona tournament will be bigger I think. I think the weather scared some people away. I personally know of three teams that did not show up that are usally there.

6. kuhlcat

kuhlcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    cj, clinton does have some good fish it. when it snows and a north wind blows all day the bigger fish sometimes turn off. the past couple of years april and may i have pulled some 15+ pound fish out of their during run ins or on just good fishing days. during this time of year the mid twenties is a good weight to bring in. plus, clinton has so much structure, creek channels and dropoffs that the bigger fish are sometimes hard to find unless things are just right. as far as the turn out it was good for the condition and some teams only fish certain lakes and don't want to broaden their horizons. i personally like the challenge.

7. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I second what TRoy is saying! It does have some nice channels in it. It has alot of very nice flathead in it. Saterday was some very tough conditions to catch any type of fish in. I agree with CJ that the weather kept some people at home. I hope we have a better showing at Pamona.

8. Fishun Sue

Fishun Sue New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Wuz just wonderin when the Pomona tournament was?.........Thanx!

9. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    March 29th. Let us know if you need any info on it.

10. SheLuvsCats

SheLuvsCats New Member

State:
    Kansas
    :roll_eyes: Okay, once I asked where Clinton Lake was. I was so shocked driving down I-70 coming back from Kansas City, and there was the sign..........And I found Perry Lake...... You all, those are really nice..... Now, how do the fish bite this time of year? Was impressed with the driving roads (not paths).
    As Chris would say...Mom