Clinton Lake Report..//

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Doyle, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Went over to Clinton today. Looked like a great day to go, overcast, a lot of rain yesterday. Caught a few big shad today... have been having trouble getting any big ones. Noticed they had put the line back at the hot water return ... it had got pulled out 4 of July. Caught two catfish one about 4 the other about 3. Threw them back because I did not bring my ice box and the waters too hot to keep them in the live box. The water at the return was 102 degree. Left about 12 because another front was moving in.

2. illnoize

illnoize New Member

State:
    illinois
    Sound like a good day for you, I might go this weekend if I can. But boy is that water temp boiling!

3. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I really thought that an inch of rain would mix up the lake a little but maybe the rain there was different. My boats live box doesn't recirculate the water in the live box but pulls in water from the lake and then over flows. This heats up my box to the surface lake temperature. Bad setup. I think its time to move away from the hot water.