Clinton Lake Report??

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Droptine, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Droptine

Droptine New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thinking about a first time trip to Clinton Lake this evening. Anybody been recently and have a report?? Probably will launch at Rte 48 from the look of the map.

2. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bruce, I've done well with the small cats, I've got most of them drifting from the hot water with the wind. The shad are mostly small so its hard to keep the drum off the hook. For me the cats above 5 lbs are rare this year. I still think that this area is loseing the big fish.

3. LarryS

LarryS New Member

State:
    Clinton,Il
    Sorry about the late report, but fishing around the 54 bridge with cut shad and hotdogs i am getting lots of Catfish, biggest was 9lbs. I was using live shad under a bobber and got some nice Hybrid Stripers. Want to thank Clinton Lake Guy for the tip about Hotdogs. Doyle fish a little closer to the riprap next time, all the fish i catch are just a few feet from the shore.

4. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'll try it larry. I would like to get a couple bigger fish this year. It would feel good to break the five lb limit I've had so far this year.