Clinton Lake regulations

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by big-muddy, Jun 5, 2007.

1. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    whats the regulations on clintonlake? is it legal to use cast nets at the dam for gizzard shad? do they even have em there? planning a trip there soon. thanks.

2. Lyle

Lyle New Member

State:
    Lawrence, Kansas
    Yes it is, and they've got a few of 'em. The sooner the better as they just started dumping a bit of water again.

Hit the slackwater on the North side at night, or either side during the daylight hours. Lots of big shad to be had.

When the water is low, I throw off the wall about where the water breaks, north side or anywhere down the north side is ok. the farther down the wall you get, the better chance you have of sunfish

Good luck

3. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    thanks. ill bring some chicken livers as well. ill be shore fishing from the north side. wont be able to get around too much as i wont have my own car. lookin on the map the water is pretty deep there.

4. Lyle

Lyle New Member

State:
    Lawrence, Kansas
    Ah, you're fishing up on the lake. You might be able to get into some shad up in the coves where its been flooded. The area that would be the true spillway, visible from satellite images. (North dam side, about where I guess you'd be) I'm not sure how else to explain and really guess someone that gets bait from the lake side could tell you better.

OR, make a stop down at the outlet park and make a cast for all the shad you'd need (post above). This is what I'd do if I'd be shore fishing down there. Plus I know I will get my net back when thrown in the outlet (managed spillway).

either way, good luck!

5. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    thanks. im comin for the wakarusa festival. were in an RV. im the only fisherman from our group, so its just me. we have the premium camping that is by the lake side, so thats where ill be doin my fishin. ill be up thursday morning ready for some fishin.:wink: im almost more excited to go fishin then i am about seein the music!

6. Lyle

Lyle New Member

State:
    Lawrence, Kansas
    Head-ups guys..

The 12" length limit on bait IS being enforced at the outlet park (spillway)... :embarassed: