Clinton lake meet and greet

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Rat, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Anyone intersted in meeting at Clinton lake on Saturday April 22nd, or Saturday April 29th and doing a little fishing at the DeWitt bridge? I was thinking whichever date the most people could make, that'd be the one we went with. Say about 9:00 a.m.? But I'm open to suggestions.
    Rat

2. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    Rat, sounds like a good trip. I would like to go. What ever date is good with me.

Gary

3. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    I was thinking about heading down there next friday with my fishing buddy and maybe nephew. I will have to see how things turn out for next month I have a vacation day in for the 27th but dont know if it will be approved or not.

4. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Sounds like a good time to me, Rat, let me know which one.

5. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Anyone have a date or time preference? Either day is fine with me. I get off work at 7:00 a.m. on Saturdays and can be there by 9:00 or anytime thereafter. I'll bring some liver, worms, shrimp, punchbait and my castnet, see if we can find some shad.
    Rat

6. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Man, Sure would like to hook up with you guys for this. My wife is due April 14th with our second Son, so I will most likley be tied up then ....

Maybe next time...

7. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    Rat, my son and I went to Danville today and went by Clinton Lake. First time I was ever there. It looks like a great place. You say you want to fish at DeWitt bridge. Is that the one on 54? I sure am going to try to make it.

8. Veets

Veets Member

State:
    Illinois
    I gotta check my calendar. I've been itching to get out but too busy to do so. Have to see how far that is for me and check with mother.

9. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Gary, you turn off of 54 onto Hwy 14. Where you turn,(south) there's a baitshop on the north side of the road and a bar on the south, and a brown sign that say's "Mascoutin State Recreation Area." You go through the small town of DeWitt, following the curves. About a half mile or so after DeWitt you'll see the entrance to the Mascoutin campground on your right. Keep going on 14 and the DeWitt bridge will be directly ahead.
    Jim, it's about 172 miles for you to DeWitt. Hope you can make it. If not, I'd like to have another one of these at LaSalle lake maybe in May. That should be quite a bit closer for you.
    Tim, maybe next time. We'll accept the birth of a child as an excused absence. Lol Hope everything goes smooth for you and the missus.
    Rat

10. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    Rat we drove around the park, went to the boat ramp and looked around. It is a nice place. When we came out of the park I noticed a bridge not far from us.

Hey, Lasalle lake sounds good also. I heard the other day they are catching 20 lb. + blues out of there.

11. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Rat I would like to attend but I hope to be planting corn and beans by then. If the weather stays ugly or it turns around and we get done before then. I will try and make it. Dont count on me though.

12. coalminer78

coalminer78 New Member

State:
    Lincoln, IL
    I should be able to make either date. Sounds like fun.

13. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Saturday would work great for me, but it depends on the Girlfriend.....:crying:

Ray

14. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'll try to make ether of the Saturday's, be good to meet the local gang.

15. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Glad to see some more members can make it. Should be a good time. Anyone have a date preference yet?
    Rat

16. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    Wish I could make it but I have to take a second job being a DJ for weddings and such to pay for the babysitter bill and gas..LOL. Make sure ya'll ask Rat to tell you the story about the shampoo bottle...LMAO.

17. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    Rat, as things work out. My sister called from Kansas and wants us to come down. We will be leaving the 20 th. and be gone for a while. Hope you guys catch a bunch. I finaly saw that lake a week ago and sure wanted to go. Next time.

18. Veets

Veets Member

State:
    Illinois
    That's a pretty long haul for one day for me. I did it last weekend driving into Chicago to visit sick relatives and I was really worn out. Nearly fell asleep a couple of times on the way home and I had the wife and mother-in-law with me to keep me awake. Maybe I'll wait until we put something together a little closer or we get a weekend camp out going.

19. LarryS

LarryS New Member

State:
    Clinton,Il
    If work don't get in the way i will be there also

20. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    Veets its not that far. Chicago is like 2 hours north of me and the lake is 20 mins south. Maybe you are confused in your old age. lol