Clinton Lake fishing 07

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by JERMSQUIRM, Mar 12, 2007.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well for most of ya fellas that have known me a while see me with a few fish pic's,lol. well im hitting the lake tmorrow if luck has it and hopfully ill have a good report tomorrow eve. with pic's too maybe. well at least ones with fish,lol. its a lot earlier than last year. i didn't make it till april 7th. the wildlife refuge area opens april 1. but its warm so ive got to hit it. wish me luck and ill try and get your blood flowin with some ealy season pics.

2. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good luck Jeremy, I'm thinking about putting my batteries back in the boat... but thats about all. Maybe I'll get to it when I see all those fish you're catching.:smile2:

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well ill be posting them soon. yes sir, first fish of 2007 was 4# 1 oz. my buddie caught a 2 1/2 #er. that was it but we did have a few light strikes and the shad was not easy to find. we got a 8" one and one 6 or so"s. and a blue gill. we chopped them into 4-5 chunks each and this lasted cause we were only there a couple hrs. man he took one pic that looked like a cover of in fishermen. i was reeling in the 4#er and he took a pic and the sun was setting on the treetops. its awesome. ill post them in a few min. forgot to bring cam card to the lib. ill go get it.

also i posted a long time ago about some no knot fishing attachments that let ya remove hooks and lures without cutting line. ya just make a loop in the line hook it to the wire and make 5-6 wraps and snap in a loop. then it can be removed again and attached to another hook/ lure. i seen the fellas again this year at the fish and feather expo and asked them why they didn't have pics from anglers of fish that was caught on them. so i told them ide take some of some nice catfish for them and give them back to them next year. they said they would gladly put them on the display table. so i gots them one good en of a 4# cat so far.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    water temp was 49 at mascoutin ramp, 51-52 at the dewitt bridge on the south side. the wildlife refuge between dewitt and 48 bridge is still closed to public unitll mar31st. ambient temp was 77 degrees on that day. wind was from the south west 8-12 mph. we were drifting fron the south west tip of the mascoutin to the dewitt bridge. made one long run and one short. bait was shad chunks. we didnt get to the bluegill. had 4-5 light strikes and boated 2. not bad for 3 weeks earlier than we made it out in 2006. skies were sunny. sunset was around 7pm.

5. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good work Jeremy, I'm glad it went well for you. I'm getting a little closer to being ready. I put the three batteries from the garage to the back of the truck. Now all I got to do is remove the canvas, and put the batteries in the boat.. maybe next week.:smile2:

6. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    Thanks for the report Jeremy. Havent had any luck since early Feb. Shad seem to be consistently harder to find. Hope you catch a great big one,

Dru

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    here are the pics, some of them. first one were heading to the area. dewitt bridge in distance.

second is the one i love. im gonna photo shop it with a headline like catfishing insider and some stuff down the sides to make it look like a magazine cover and frame it. thats a geat one. the sunset and catching fish. man cant beat it.

third is well landing. great report hugh. sound like a pro. but the pro forgot the landing net,lol. the rest are fish.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
  9. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the pictures Jeremy, Yeal... that is a pretty picture. :big_smile:

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice fishing, pics.

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    crappie have been hitting pretty good. a buddie has caught 40 or so in last few days. we went today for afew hrs. i got 4 myself 9-10" and 5 bluegills. i will post a pic soon.