Clinton Lake - Dive, Dive, Dive!

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by nitronostrils, Aug 4, 2007.

1. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    for that pole before a kittie takes it under:smile2:. So I was at Clinton Lake baiting up another line, next sec diving after my other pole, hitting the knee on a rock....I tell you I wasn't letting that sucker get away. Anyways they are hitting hard on stink (wicked sticky, sonny blood). So go out and enjoy it's only hot and humid. Does anyone know if they are letting water out of the Carlyle dam yet?:confused2:

2. gillage

gillage New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey Jeremy are you in the main lake or are you fishin the North Fork?
    Thanks

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    my 15 yr old niece and I were doing that for one of my poles last time out because a big hybrid stripper decided to take my liver. He's now spending time vacuum sealed.

4. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Rick I was on the main, 48 bridge to be exact. Had another strange catch also, I was fishing the bottom about 30 yards from the bank, reeled in to check the bait and had snagged a bluegill right in front of the dorsel fin. So used it as cut with no luck.

5. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the tip...and thanks for sharing your story...Also Welcome to the BOC Brother.....:smile2:

6. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Paul I see your from the Effingham area, is Lake Sara any good for cats? I'm in Shelby county about 40 miles from sara. Thanks.

7. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It is an OK lake but I refuse to pay to put on at that lake it is dirty and very busy...Lots of Skiers and pleasure boats...Very Grassy...I think is is 35 dollars a year and then they wanna charge you I think 4 dollars to launch...I refuse....I will stick to some other ones in which are free to the public and have better fishing that is quieter and Less pleasure boating if ya know what I mean...

I don't mind the ones who respect the fishermen but it's the ones who think they are the only ones on the lake and swamp ya from time to time...That just gets under my crawl...

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    NO, There is no water to let out.....:sad2: spill way is a shame, was last monday and it stunk so bad from dead fish and trash! But did talk with a fella that was getting some cat down stream....?