Clinton Lake Advice

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by travisp, Jun 11, 2007.

1. travisp

travisp New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Anyone got any advice for Clinton Lake (actually on the lake, not the spillway). We just bought a boat and are exploring a whole new world which is very much different from the bank fishing we've been doing for the past number of years! Any advice would be great!

2. jaybird78

jaybird78 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Don't have any suggestion for you but how far is clinton lake from Kankakee,IL?

3. ILChannelMan

ILChannelMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    About 2 1/2 hours...I live 10 minutes off of I-57. Message me if you need directions. I don't fish it anymore (I don't like the speedboaters)

4. jaybird78

jaybird78 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    looking for good places to fish tired of the kankakee river. I have a 17 1/2 foot astroglass fish and ski well minus the ski (only use it to fish) and there too many speed boats on the boatable side of the river. Help a brother out if you have any ideas close to home.

5. backhoe58

backhoe58 New Member

State:
    New Holland,Illinois
    I usually fish the North Fork area. It is very quiet there, as it is now fenced off from the main lake. I am going to try drifting the large flats this weekend.