Clinton LaI might make a trke Spilway

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by peoriawormonafly, Dec 6, 2008.

1. peoriawormonafly

peoriawormonafly New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I posted on here once before about Powerton Lake Blue cat fishin'. Now Id like to chat about the Clinton Lake Spillway. I loved taking the Predator there during the summer...but now that she's sleeping for the winter, any good reports about the spilway during the winter months? Is it wadable? how about jigs and cfrawlers or minnows for walleye during the cold vacation time? I might make a trip in the morning to ceck it out...

2. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I can offer you nothing in terms of advice since I know nothing about this particular body of water, but I can wish you well and be careful. Hope ya absolutely wear 'em out!

3. James1987

James1987 New Member

State:
    illinois
    The clinton spillway is a very good place to walleye jig fish. I was there today but the current was going pretty fast the bottom is rock by what we could tell with our catfish gear. but the bottom changes in several places from rock to mud which should be prime for walleye and bass trying to evade the current