Clinton Hot water discharge

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by illnoize, Apr 2, 2007.

1. illnoize

illnoize New Member

State:
    illinois
    Well, Did anyone go to clinton this weekend and try the hot water discharge?

2. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I was thinking about it but with 40 mph winds, I gave up the thought Aaron. Maybe next week when it is cold.:smile2:

3. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wow, today would have been a great day. Maybe I'll go tomorrow.:smile2:

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    yes i did. we caught 5 nice ones largest being 8#4oz. pics are on a reg camera so i cant post right away.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jeremy thanks for the update on Clinton Lake. Sounds like you are off to a good start.:big_smile:

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    clinton is one of the best catfishing lakes in the state. i caught over 120 last season. and didnt hit it real hard. any one wanting to hook up for a fishing weekend this summer let me know. 36 in one evening anchored in one spot.:wink:

7. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'll be hitting Clinton in the morning. Going to catch a couple catfish for the contest.:smile2:

8. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    A couple channel is all I caught and they togeather will not get me into the contest. The water is stll up 12-16", Muddy. Shad were easy to get but bites were few and far between.

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    the plant was off the past week. i havent went but my buddie has. he said they have really slacked off. crappie cats everything. the weeks before we were having great luck.

10. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That might explain why there wasn't any steam coming off the water. I didn't even look at the water temperation.... dumb me.:smile2:

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i went friday and it was back on. the water at the discharge was 81 degrees. i didnt catch a fish in 5hrs. fished for panfish and cats. only got two hits on shad.:crazy: