CLINTON - HILLSDALE - PERRY - OTHER LOCAL LAKES

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by mavmannate, Aug 18, 2009.

What is your favorite lake to fish? Dont forget to post/explain!!

1. Clinton

2. Perry

3. Hillsdale

4. OTHER. EXAMPLE: Gardner, Olathe, Killcreek, etc.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    Whats your favorite lake to fish?
    Why?
    What boat ramp do you use? or whats your favorite spot?
    Explain. AND VOTE!!!!

Mine would be Clinton. I would use the state side boat ramp because its close to the dam. I love fishing the spillway when the output is low!!
    But the best place ive fished at clinton is the dam, stateside of it, next to the rocks where it becomes dirt, about 100 ft out in the water its only about 4 ft deep. Everytime ive been there its loaded with fish!!! Caught a cat on shad, didnt have my scale with me but he had to be at least 12lbs. Also 2 other small cats on worms.

2. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    I like fishing the smaller lakes as I only bank fish an the bigger lakes are harder to fish from the bank sometimes I do fish the outlets or the river ponds of the KS Res around here.

3. here2learn

here2learn New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'd say Clinton mostly because I grew up camping there and because of the free boat ramps. The roads to them are horrible, but hey. I think there's too many people at Perry. I currently suck at finding catfish in a lake, but I'm working on it!

4. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    Hillsdale , it's 10 minutes away.

5. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I voted for the smaller lakes since I don't have a boat and am bound to shore fishing. I prefer to fish the rivers though. :big_smile:

6. RPnKC

RPnKC New Member

State:
    Kansas
    My boat isn't really suited for the waves of the larger reservoirs so I stick with the smaller community and State lakes.

7. kansasoutdoors

kansasoutdoors New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Lake Wabaunsee cuz its closest!

8. countryboy32c

countryboy32c New Member

State:
    Lansing, KS
    I like to fish all of em really but to say the least I stay close to home so i usually fish river but go to Tongi lake otherwise known as leavenworth state lake.

9. johnliester

johnliester Active Member

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    I'd say it's a tie for me between Webster and Waconda. Webster because it's less than an hours drive from here. And Wacaonda just because I like that lake. I always get at least one good cat there each trip!!

10. Circlehook Jester

Circlehook Jester New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I like Hillsdale because I am very familiar with it. It is only 8 minutes from my home and I like the 2 species of catfish. BIG FLATTIES AND CHUBBY CHANNEL CATS. When i get fish hungry for those channel cats, Hillsdale is my spot! Best kept secret in Kansas......LOL:smile2:

11. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    What's your favorite place to launch and fish at there?

12. Circlehook Jester

State:
    Kansas
    When i go for catfish, I like to launch at Antioch Landing (close to my house):wink:. There is a lot of wooded areas here and good fishing. As I have said in the past though, this placed CAN be overfished at times. A lot of people keep big flatheads out here. But, i always seem to find good rod/reel fishing around this area. I have set lined it a lot and found good spots to fish with rod/reel. To me, I just follow the river channels and look for drop offs with structure. Wooded flats and stuff like that. There are also really good bank fishing areas at Antioch Landing too.

13. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    hum a couple of them kansas boys are pretty close to my neck of the woods:amazed: my only lake fishing is for quick bait or a quick fishing fix.

14. Circlehook Jester

State:
    Kansas
    I feel you man. I am truly at peace out on the river somewhere. But, it sure is nice to be at a boat ramp in approximately 8 minutes..:big_smile: