CLINTON/HILLSDALE BOAT RAMPS !!!

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by mavmannate, Sep 2, 2009.

1. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    Other than the state park boat ramps and army corps ramps that you can see on the handout maps they give you at the lake, anyone know anymore water access points I can use? A map would be great!

2. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    There is a primitive ramp {basically a gravel road that runs into the lake by the dove area on the south side} If you go across the dam and take the road running west past the state park you will come to a dove area. I'm not very good at linking stuff (especially when i'm at work) but if you go to the wildlife and parks website and click on managed dove fields and click on hillsdale you will see a map to the area i'm talking about. FYI there wasn't a single stinking dove on either area there last year.I would not try to launch my bassboat there but if you have a small aluminum boat and 4wd it shouldn't be any problem.

3. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas

Why wont you launch your bass boat at that ramp? :confused2: I have 4x4 and its just a small 14 ft skinny Vhull with a 4hp motor. was wanting to take a crappie light out some night and fish for a few hours, without having to take the boat across the dang lake and pay all the extra fees. Its the end of the season, so i want to avoid having to pay for a park pass... next year i will though. dont get me wrong everyone, i am willing to pay for the pass...lol... kwpd is a great thing (most of the time when they use there head :wink:) but im scrounging up money for bait or supplies...gas at that! lol:crazy:

4. LBM

LBM New Member

State:
    Prairie Village, Kansas
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  5. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Thanks Lee you are on the job as usual. Since you are a crappie expert Lee would that be a good place to go? Maybe if I was home I could have done a link...maybe not that's taxing my limited computer skills.

6. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    the Clinton spot looks like Coon Creek. its been a while since ive been out that way though.

7. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    The Clinton Ramp is a rough one not the ramp just getting the boat on and off. It seems like the times we have used it the wind is always fighting you. Then with any wind the waves get on the bigger side since they can start on up in the Wakie arm and just build till they hit that area.

8. LBM

LBM New Member

State:
    Prairie Village, Kansas
    For a more correct statement 'expert' would be replaced with 'fisherman'. :wink: At times some nice crappie can be caught up there in the Little Bull.

For linking Yahoo maps is the one to use since they have a cross hair on their maps. Just go to their maps and position the map with the cross hair on the spot then highlight the address at the top of the page and copy paste that link into your post.

Thor yes that is Coon Creek on the right and Deer Creek on the left.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  9. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    Cool. Thanks guys. I'll have to look at these once I get home! I can see them on my work computer. :angry:
    But... Anyone know of one in the waki channel area???

10. LBM

LBM New Member

State:
    Prairie Village, Kansas
  11. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Quick on the draw today Lee. :big_smile:

12. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    Awesome! Thank you very much lee. Now these are open to the public right? lol. im assuming so since you posted here. hehe.

But clinton one looks different.... parking lot looks a ways away from the ramp.... wierd. anyone else seen this one???:confused2:

13. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    The Clinton one on the North side the parking is right at the ramp. There is an area where the roads shots back to the ramp that is open and I have seen a fair share of people parked there and fishing but the ramp area has parking right there.

14. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    Ok cool. Thanks. I think I'll check that out, next time I take the boat up to clinton.

15. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    Well I tried out that boat this weekend in clinton, and it was pretty decent. the gravel road isnt all that bad, (compared to rock creek it was beautiful) the only thing wrong was the wind and waves coming at us when we launched, and my evinrude 4hp is a little touchy so it takes me about 5 mins before i can get her warmed up, but after that shes fine. so we kept getting blown into the rocks and shoreline lol.

we went up twards coon creek and in the water limbs, we set a trotline, didnt get anything, learned quite a bit, and we went to a cove and fished for a little bit.

didnt even get a bite alllll day! (4hrs)