Clinton at Night Report.

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Doyle, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I arrived at Clinton Lake 4:00 pm. Put the boat in at the Mascoutin park dock. There were 8-10 trailers there when I put in. Went over to the bait shop at the dock area to get some ice, the bait shop was closed. I assume they are on weekend service only now. I boated down to the hot water area and netted some shad, got 2 bass and a carp in with the shad, I let them go. The hot water temperature is down to 85 degrees. There were 2 boats of swimmers parked in hot water return area. I drifted and trawled for the next couple hours to East of the 48 bridge. Caught 2 small channels which I threw back. A lot of small bites. At 12:00 pm with out a keeper, I decided I had enough. I was the only boat that I could see all the way back to the dock. All the trailers were gone but mine. The light over the docking area was out. I’m not going at night any more this year.

2. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    better luck next time at least you got to go. i havnt been out for a couple of weeks now.a thing called work keeps getting in the way

3. BIGCATMIKE

BIGCATMIKE New Member

State:
    illinois
    hey doyal

let me know if you ever want to fish sangchris or lake springfield and we can go catch some kitty's .

4. LarryS

LarryS New Member

State:
    Clinton,Il
    Doyle, i work at BoonDocks and we are closed Mon, Tues, and Wed. Oct.9 we are closed for the season. We will be open year round at Weldon Springs. If you let me know ahead of time i can let you in either location at any time or day to get Bait, Ice, Etc....:smile2:

5. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mike, I've never fished springfield.. I don't even know how to dock on the lake. I might give you a pm some time and try it.

Larry, thanks for the information, I knew it was getting a little late in the year for the bait places but I didn't know their times.

:smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

6. BIGCATMIKE

BIGCATMIKE New Member

State:
    illinois
    any time buddy the offer is always open