CLINCH KNOT GIG

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Jun 5, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    WAT U NEED

A LARGE STURDY CYCLINDICAL OBJECT "4 IN DIA PVC"

A "L" BRACKET TO MOUNT TO A TABLE

WIRE COAT HANGER ( EASY TO BEND ) ​

PROCESS

DRIL A 5/64 IN HOLE ON BOTH SIDES OF THE PVC

MOUNT THE BRACKET TO THE PVC THEN THE TABLE

MAKE A "L'' HANDLE ON ONE END THEN A LOOP OR HOOK ON THE OTHER ​

!!!!!!!!WALLA!!!!!!!!

PICS TO COME IN REPLYS

Attached Files:

2. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    ATACHMENTS AND ACCESSORIES

Attached Files:

3. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    THE MASS PRODUCTION OF LEADERS

THATS GOOD WHEN U SELL THEM LIKE I DO :wink:

Attached Files:

4. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    LAST THING

THIS MAKES IT SO EASY TO KEEP TRACK OF LINE

I PUT MY SPOOL OF LEADER MATERIAL IN A SCREWDRIVER AND PUT IT IN A MODEL VICE THATS ON THE TALBLE

3 FT OVER IS THE WEIGHT AND THEN THE GIG

EASY AS PIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE ONLY THING I WOULD CHANGE TO THIS IS TO HAVE A 6'X5' 3/4" STEAL TABLE LIKE IN OUR GARAGE:wink:

HAVE FUN ALL

THANKS FOR LOOKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

5. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    thats awsome man! i sell snelled hooks for carp fishing.i dont get rich off of it but it pays for bait.lol if u dont mind me asking how much do you sell your rigs for? i useually sell eagle claw size4 wide bends tied with 15-17 pound bbg,suffix,, any thing some one wants for $2.75 per 7. and owners 1/0 tied with power pro start at $4.00 per 7.might seem a little expensive but owners are not cheap.lol

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    LeRoy thanks for sharing your idea and pics. Looking good . Appreciated.

7. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

THE PEOPLE THAT BUY THEM USUALLY GET THEM FROM ME BY ACCIDENT.....

ILL MEET THEM AND GIVE A PACK OF 3 OR SO BUT THEN TELL THEM THAT IM SELLING THEM FOR 3.00-3.50 A PACK OF 9

THATS 9 #5 BARRELL SWIVELS AND 9 1/0 OCTOPOS HOOKS + A 33 IN LEADER OF 20 LB LOW VIS GREEN

MOST OF THE PEOPLE THAT I SELL TO HAVE BAD SIGHT AND IM GOOD FRIENDS WITH......IVE MASTERED THE ART OF FINDING SHAD AROUND A DOCK SO WE'LL GIVE THEM LEADERS AND BAIT THE FIRST NIGHT WE MEET NEW ONES BUT AFTER THAT THEY GOTA PAY:smile2:

AND REALLY, I DONT GO OUT SOLEY TO SELL THEM BUT REALLY MORE TO HELP THEM HAVE MORE FUN FISHING.....

IM A DIE HARD STRIPER FISHERMAN ( COMPARED TO THE OTHER PEOPLE YOU SEE ON THE DOCK HERE ) SO IM MORE CONCERNED WITH CATCHING BAIT AND HELPING OTHERS THAN SELLING LEADERS

AND THE TURISTS HERE TRY TO HAGGLE ME DOWN ALL THE TIME BUT THEY HAVE A BAD ATTITUDE SO A COULD CARE LESS IF THEY LIKE ME..... BUT THE TURISTS ARE ALSO THE PEOPLE THAT ASK THE QUESTIONS AND WE GET ON THE CONVERSATION ON SELLING THEM THE SUPPLIES

IT TAKES A COUPLE TANGLES AND A FEW SNAGGING HOOKS (@ 1.25 A PIECE) AND THEY ASK AROUND FOR ALTERNATIVE WAYS AND THEN I COME ALONG

8. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    i hear ya dude.i have never done any striper fishing,do they put up a good fight?is it comparable to a carp? btw-exactly how does ur rig jig work? i thought i had an idea at first but im not sure.lol

9. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    OH YESS!!!

THE STRIPER HERE ARE BRUTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL THE 2 LBERS ARE FUN TO CATCH BUT ANY BIGGER AND THEY RUN YOU AROUND THE PIERS AND CABLES

I HAD MY FIRST RUN IT WITH ONE OF THE BIGONES LAST SEASON AND I WAS HEART BROKEN...THEY EITHER RUN AWAY FROM THE DOCK TO THE BOUYS OR RIGHT TO THE DOCK AROUND THE CABLES

I WAS USING 6LB TRELINE AND DIDNT LIKE THE STRETCH SO I WENT TO 10LB BBG BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO PULL THE FISH AROUND THE CABLES SO I DECIDED TO TRY 20 LB FIRLINE CRYSTAL THIS WINTER TO SEE IF THE NO STRETCH WILL HELP WITH MORE HOOK SETS...I GUY THAT I KNOW THAT HAS BEEN FISHING HERE FOR A WHILE SAID HE NEVER GOES UNDER 12 LB LINE FOR STRIPERS... THEN THE BIGGONES SCHOOL IT PAYS TO TAKE THE EXTRA 30 SECONDS TO RETIE A KNOT OR SPEND A EXTRA COUPLE DOLLARS ON LINE... FIRELINE IS 30 DOLLARS A SPOOL AND 20LB BBG IS 10 A SPOOL BUT BOTH OF THEM ARE TOUGH AS CRAP SO ILL SEE HOW THEY WORK FOR ME....

THE SCARIEST THING IVE EVER SEEN WAS A TURIST THAT HAD A MH ACTION ROD AND 40 LB BRIAD...... HE CAUGHT A BIG SHAD ( 7INCHES ) AND THREW IT OUT... A COUPLE MINUTES LATER I HERD A DRAG SCREEMING AND LOOKED UP TO SEE HIS ROD READY TO BUCKLE AND THEN HERD A REAL LOUD SNAP!!! LOST ALL 300 YARDS OF LINE AND A "BIG" UGLYSTICK...SAW HIM THE NEXT DAY AT WALLYWORLD BUYING A 8FT ROD AND A SPOOL OF 65 LB SPIDERWIRE :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

MAKING LEADERS IS SIMPLE...... PUT THE BARRELL SWIVEL OR HOOK IN THE "HOOK END" AND THEN TWIRL THE OTHER END.... AFTER 7 TURNS PUT THE TAB END THROUGH THE KNOT AND SINCH IT TITE.... I YANK REALLY REALLY REALLY ON THE KNOTS BECAUSE I DONT WANT THEM TO SLIP......

NOW THAT IM USING THE BRAID I MAKE LONG "33IN." LEADERS BECAUSE I DONT WANT THE FISH TO SEE IT.......

10. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    lol that must have been crazy to see.haha. i knew how to tie the leaders,just didnt get the whole jig thing.lol is it just there to hold both ends of the line wile you attach the swivvle and hook? ifso i see how it could be helpful,great idea none the less.

11. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

the holes are slightly offset to create friction

i pinch the lines and twirl the shaft... then finish the knot after removing my other hand from the handle

and yes that was an amazing sight too:roll_eyes:

made my think about using 6lb line for flathead fishing :eek:oooh:

12. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    oh,ok i get ya now.lol

13. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I AM COMPLETLY DONE WITH BRAIDED LINE.... I HAD A 3LB CHANNEL RUN ME INTO A BUNCH OF SNAGS AND CRAP LAST NIGHT SO I TOLD MYSELF THAT IM NOT SPENDING THE $ FOR BRAID ANYMORE.....

I WOULD RATER SPEND THE MONEY AND BUY ALOT OF CAJUN LINE OR A VERY TOUGH LINE IN BULK THAN HAVE TO RISK LOSING A TROPHY CHANNEL.....

I LOVE CAJUN LINE BECAUSE I CAN GET A 1/4 LB SPOOL OF 20 LB LINE FOR $5.25.... AFTER 10 FISHING DAYS PITCH IT OUT AND PUT FRESH LINE ON IT......DO A PRE CAST BEFORE YOU DO A BAITED CAST... VERY SIMPLE