Clickers

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by AwShucks, Feb 22, 2006.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I recently had a conversation with a representative of Abu Garcia. My question directed to their sales assistance office was basically "which models of the Abu Garcia reels had clickers". Now that, to me, is a simple question. The response I received was none of the reels had clickers. I know of some 5000D models, 6000, 6500 and 7000, off the top of my head, which had clickers. I told this to the representative and the response was... "those reels do not have clickers. They are equiped with line out alarms". Now, is this just a rose by a different name. Took me over a week and they finally said they would send me an Abu catalog... which I have not received. AwShucks.

2. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Maybe the guy dont fish!

3. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    Sounds like the rep was well trained and knowledgeable ::cool:

4. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Well seems to me that both of you learned something from this conversation. You learned that the industry term for this feature is a line out alarm, the representative learned that it is commonly called a clicker. :)

5. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    People refer to bait alarms do so in a couple of different ways. Every rep I talked to, called it something different. Though they all knew once you explained to them what it was and the purpose.

6. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    There reel name is a line out alarm or strick alarm and when it comes to ABU they are called line out alarms.

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Well, if I was a sales rep, I would try to use the vernacular of the people I am dealing with. Abu Garcia can call it the “audible line movement notification device” all they want, but fishermen will call it a bait clicker.

Sounds like they are trying to either make you look stupid or make themselves look superior.

8. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I've talked to the Abu reps a couple of times, and it's always been a good experience. But they should have known what a clicker was, even if they prefer other terminology.

9. mudcat_xpress

mudcat_xpress New Member

State:
    Beckley, WV
    It's a bait clicker to me.

10. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    maybe he dont know the fishing ligo some of us use and he was taken aback that you knew more than he did

11. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I have sold many things and customers have terms for everything. I think the rep should have said what you refer to as a clicker is also called a line out alarm and helped you with models. I used to say couches, but when I sold them for a high end store I was told to call them sofas. Tomato tomata. In the end by relating to your customer you both benefit. I have always called it a clicker.

I have one question tho. We can put men on the moon, dive miles below the surface and our reels still make that clicking noise. Why not have it play the theme from Jaws when you get a bite, or something more entertaining? Just a thought.

12. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Its a clicker here mate. When the line moves, it clicks. End of story.

13. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    sounds to me that they are a newby and for somereason don't fish or fish only for bass/other non clicker using species.... I agree that they should know what it is and should be able to tell you if they have them or not...

14. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    LOL when the biggest blue I cought hit it was straight out of jaws pig penn click...........click......click....click...click.zzZZZZZZZZZZZZ Gotta love that sound.

15. JReed

JReed New Member

State:
    Lima, Ohio
    I have had several conversations with people while building rods and they had NO IDEA what the differant type of reels where. :rolleyes:

16. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    man doesnt that just irritate you to talk to someone that is clueless. When they are the ones who are suppose to be helping you

17. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I can understand why they don't call them "Clickers", With hearing like mine they aren't loud enough to be called that. They're more like cl...cl...ckand I have four of them in my boat.:p

18. G3Morton

G3Morton New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Catfish folks call them CLICKERS..............

Those who don't,, just ain't gotta clue....

Lord help those,, who just ain't gotta clue....

19. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    LOL!! I can't wait to hear that sound again! You have to quit that G3! That's too funny!! Selling a product that they have no clue about.:sad: That's sad!

20. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Maybe part of the problem is the "he" was a "she". But she sure sounded pretty. sigh.