(Clickers) Abu 6500 TC

Discussion in 'Reel Repair and Upgrades' started by catfeveriowa, Dec 30, 2007.

1. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    Got 2 new abu 6500tc and can't hardly hear the clickers. Is there a way to make them louder, upgrade????? Appreciate any ideals, THANKS.

2. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Wow, thats odd, most of the Abu reels have extremely loud clickers. Thats one of the reasons I like them. As far as how to fix or modify that problem, I don't know. I think I'd consider returning them for an exchange for two more. rspd507

3. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    Ya Ross I always heard Abu's had nice clickers and cast really sweet. These are my first Abu's and I bought these over the internet from Steve at CFS, I wanted to match the red wrap eyes on the channel rods so I went with the red 6500 tc, which look really sweet together, so I was hopeing to upgrade these.

4. catfishlarryiowa

catfishlarryiowa New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i tried to talk you into getting the 7000 ha ha just kidding hope you get themfixed so we can go in March.

5. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    What ? u got to speak up, can't u tell I dont hear to good!

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Billy there is only one thing to do and that's to box them Bad Boys up and send them to Me and then I'll fish with them for 2/3 years and give you an Expert Opinion on what needs to done to fix the problem.You know Anything for a Brother from Council Bluffs Ia. And Also send them New Rods along and I'll test them also and this will be at Absolutely at No cost to You.
    J.D.:wink:

7. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I've never done this myself but have heard it works.

take the side cover off that has the clicker switch in it. carefully bend the thin piece of metal on the switch so it sits in the gear a little further. this should make it louder

8. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    i've done a few of mine that way,and it works...just bend a little at a time!!

9. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    Hey JD how about I swap them for that LUND of yours and I'll see if u got enough power on that thing, just for a couple of years hehehe :smile2:. Ya Larry (catfish) is pretty good guy, even if he likes green worms.

10. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    Thanks Brad, Jerry, I'll have to give that a try. Hey Brad have a good time at the sport show in KC with Steve.

11. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    hes spot on...reps to ya brad,i have done this just about all my abus and some of my friends shakespeare's,just make sure you position tha click spring so that the part of the spring that has a sharp bend in it is to where you can see the hole the post goes in.:wink:

kenny-

12. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    Thanks Kenny, its little things like that, that helps!

13. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    my tc reels has the clicker plate setup,not the spring.in the picture,next to the screw driver end,that little tab can be bent down just to put a little more metal to the gear..it will be a lot louder with it in freel spool and pulling line,than it will with the clicker on and winding the reel...

jerry

Attached Files:

14. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have a 6500TC and it works awsome... had it 4yrs now... and it just gets better with time.... I would try what the guys where saying about bending the metel piece..

15. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    Thanks Jerry for the picture, I'am going to take it apart now!!!! :wink:

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    yes this will fix the problem by bending the spring steel peice to add tention where it clicks on the gear. here is a step by step that may help and ya just as well clean while ya stsrt taking it apart.
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3049

17. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    Thanks Jeremy I already adjusted my reels tonight after seeing picture from Jerry's post. But your link went to my favorites will need that in the future, excellent job by the way sent reps your way.

18. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    Did the mod tonight and they sound good to go. Now I just need some warmer weather so I can go try them out, also would like to see how them new rods from catfishsafari load up. Getting cabin fever real bad here!!!! :eek:oooh: