clendening reservoir in Ohio- channel catfish and flathead catfish

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rcbbracing, May 21, 2009.

1. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We are going out this weekend...didnt know if anyone had any advise for me on this lake...ive never fished here....ill be targeting channels and flats both....hoping maybe ill learn something specifically about this reservoir location? baits? thanks!

2. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Dave, its a nice place i think ur gonna like it and even better if we get into some fish or big fish? ill do my best lol:big_smile:

3. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    hey bud if u would, could u get back on here and let us know how u did and what u found out about the lake. thanks

4. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    all the info in the world wouldnt help this guy:wink:. i said i would so i am, WILL....thanks for taking me on a white bass trip. never caught so many. "get the net....she's 20 lbs, get the net". its okay I needed a good jog. How did that pattern turn out? Got to go, the wife made me a giant chocolate sundae with tons of her "special sprinkles"

5. varmint_sniper

State:
    OHIO
    skip you missed a hell fo a night sat we got 13 channels with a total weight of 43.3lbs my pattern worked but had a few holes in it but it worked i lost a big un broke me off 20lb test think it was a flatie but idk i didnt see it think matt heard it but dont know if he saw it (i posted in ohio lakes on the results under went out last weekend) hope we can do it again the white bass were fun.

6. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    minus the headache i had a great time. i wish it wasnt such a long drive or i woulda stayed longer. why i left as they started biting i dont know. scared of the wife mostly. we are doing it again though. yall are good people and were extremely helpful. btw, thanks for the float.

7. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    how did dave do? did he resort to throwin the liver out again? lol. i just didnt want the wife aby more ticked at me. if i woulda been gone all night she woulda flipped. next time i am making it an all nighter. did you guys catch em all by the bridge?

8. varmint_sniper

State:
    OHIO
    skip, dave threw liver ,shad,crawlers,live shad,gills and still managed to catch 2 fish out of the total 13 that matt,dave and i caught all night got most of the from the bridge in the shallows ,no problem with the float got more rember to bring me the grizzley chew cans next time and ill get ya more flaots! must say though ya missed the best night ive had in a long time iam sure will do it again soon and it dont gotta be on a tournment night neighter . Next time tell the ol lady to go out the night b4 cuz the next night is urs lol ur gonna hanf with the boys at the lake lmao :smile2: then rember to duck from flying objects lol loved ur stories can wait to hear more

9. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeah i dont know what i was doing wrong...i was sitting right next to them with the same bait and couldnt get any runs...lol...anyway it was a great time and we all need to do it again...

10. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    if you woulda let me mentor ya you coulda been catching giants like me. its all aboput the nightcrawlers

11. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I distinctly remember thinking your one channel cat wouldve made an awesome flathead bait....where were these big ones? was i sleeping? lol I saw one channel cat about 8inches long lol anyway man it was great meeting ya and hope to fish with ya again soon!

12. varmint_sniper

State:
    OHIO
    skip be carefull of them special sprinkles ya might not get what ya think they are lmao :smile2: just going by ur stories man dont be mad

13. varmint_sniper

State:
    OHIO
    Dave skips channel cat couldnt have eaten the smalles minnow in the lake :smile2: but my or matts big channel would have made him a snack lol i think skip need to mentor you dave lol i know 1 think iam getting some small twister tails next time to pass the time away and mabey have a fish fry b4 dark what yall think?

14. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    geez i have an excuse for sitting under the bridge...i was catching us bait...you were catchin white bass...seriously we were catfishing man...lol...leave the twister tails at home...all we need is some shad an our poles!

15. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    thats the ticket. instead of slamming frito's we could be eatin some bass.

16. varmint_sniper

State:
    OHIO
    skip, good one with the fritos bit lmao forgot all bought that , DAVE how was the food at the ice cream place gotta love that homemade rootbeer and 3/4lb cheesburgers w/everything on them :big_smile: thats worth the trip also gotta bring more of that back next time ran out in 1 day lol mom wouldnt stay ut of it

17. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    defidently need to bring back several gallons next time! maybe if the wife will cut the ambilical cord i could bring her along who knows....I do like the fritos bit too skip lol