Clearfork Reservoir

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Jammer, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Wife and I plan to go out on Clearfork this evening. It usually gets a bite on in the fall. There are a lot of 2 to 4 and a few 8 to 12 pounders. The thing about that lake is either they're biting or not. Doesn't seem to be anything in between. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Clearfork is near Lexington, Oh, if anyone is in the area. We are planning on going about 5 pm. Drop me a pm and we can get together.

2. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Good luck, Jerry! Hope you all have a good time.

3. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    We went out last evening about 5 pm and stayed till 11 pm. motored up in the marina and saw several large schools of shad. Threw the net a couple times and had about 400 or so, 3" shad. I like this size, just hook through the gill plate and cut thier gut a little and throw them out.
    We went to the first cove where we haven't ever fished and drifted. About 10 minutes later my ugli-stick bent over and I caught a 5 1/2# Channel. We got hits pretty regular all evening, all on shad. Ended up with about 18 channels, about half were 3 to 7 lbs and the rest were about 2 lbs. we kept 3 of the smaller ones for some fresh fish.
    There aren't many giants in Clearfork but it's close and is good clean fish for eating. We had a ball.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish bro, congrats on the catch.

5. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Her are some pics of the shad we caught. Also, the catfish is the 5 1/2# one. Bill Dance taught me how to pat their bellies.

Attached Files:

6. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    nice fishes. and it looks like you have that cast net thing down to

7. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Nice fishies, well if you keep trying and trying you may bring in those big ones .Good Luck to you Jerry