Clear water reservoirs - best fished at night?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by knapperheadmatt, May 24, 2006.

1. knapperheadmatt

knapperheadmatt New Member

State:
    texas
    what do you think?

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Thats what people say but I think if you just fish deep with lite line you may could still catch em.I going to fish a lake this weekend that has a 20foot visibility never been there, I hope my theory is right.

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    if im fishing clear water its at night but if you chum a catfishy looking spot the day before with some alpo dog food (canned) two can s poke as many holes in the can as possible it deffinately keepsem there and hungry for the next day

4. Chucklehead

Chucklehead New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My approach to fishing for catfish in clear water is the same as fishing anyother kind of fish. Stealth is the best way to go. However, nighttime fishing does have its merit, it means that the catfish aren't quite as wary as they are during the day. My thoughts are simple, catfish would probably react to clear water as anyother fish in the body of water I am fishing. Therefore, my plan is to fish as I would for any fish in clear water, only in this case it happens to be catfish.

5. liquidblue

liquidblue New Member

State:
    louisiana
    I would say yes.

6. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    i would change line color

7. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    a bad day fishing beats a good day of work:big_smile:

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Day ro night is not as important as putting the bait where the fish are.

If you are worried about spooking catfish, remember they will see you day or night.

My personal best channels and blue both came in broad daylight, and only my flathead was caught at night. Honestly, the only reason that flathead was caught at night is because I was anchored up in a "flathead area." After talking to flathead hunters I have learned that they can be caught day or night if you are fishing the right structure.