Clear Lake Report

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by daystarchis, Mar 2, 2006.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Yesterday I heard the 1st promising report on the catfish bite with 6 kitty's from 12 to 18lbs then today had another guy come in and he had 5 nice kity's from 8 to 20lbs.

Mackeral seems to be the bait of choice, fish are being caught in and around the mouth of Cache creek.

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Nice to hear that. The channels should be on pre/ post spawn movements now. Should be a good time to get in on some action.

3. calicatman

calicatman New Member

State:
    California
    :sad: :mad: :cool: What up brotha? Calicatman here to say that`s the best news I`ve heard so far. Man over here in the South Bay (SF BAY Area) there has been nothing but bad news becuase of the rains.There has been a few reports of catfish activity popin` off at this one lake called Quarry Lake 6 to 12 lbs ,and liver seems to be the bait of choice for these kitty`s.Also I`ve been hearing that San Pablo Res., the action is starting to pick up but the rains once again is the problem.Well hears the prayer for the days to come ( Dear Lord, hear our prayers you`ve blessed us with all of this rain ,but now all of us Catman ask you to sieze the rain.So this way we could have our days ,the days we like best fish`n away. For those killer cats and for those cats who got away you better watch out ! For the Brotherhood Of Catfish will soon be out there to getcha and we wouldn`t have it any other way !!!!) Anytime my brotha I wouldn`t mind goin` out with a fellow brotha catman hunting those killer cats,just keep me informed any time, anyday!:cool: :cool: :cool:

4. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    Ah yes,I can smell those kitties coming.Well when Im not smelling all the rain that we have been getting lately.

5. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Calicatman. The rain is one of the best times to go catfishing. Believe it. Thats what some of us hardcore catguys down south look for. Find you an area with a good run off, and you can have a great outing. Also the cats like to cruise the shallows at that time as well, so it wakes up the winter and spring cats. I went out and brough some rain proof clothes(jacket, and bibb) so it keeps me warm and dry. It was a almost a few hundred for both, but worth it to keep warm and dry. Now for a good outing like a gathering, the rain is not wanted, but when i am going by myself just to get in on some action, its all good for me. Just keep the thunder away and I am fine. :)

6. calicatman

calicatman New Member

State:
    California
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: Bluehunter, yes I agree 100% ,maybe I need to find new fishing buddies.Those who are not afraid to get their hair wet.But there has to be a time when you can just sit back crack open a cold one ,set your pole and enjoy a little sun.At least you can say this when anyone asks if you caught anything yet."No!" nothing yet but a good buzz and a good sun tan.All I can say for now is"Here KITTY-KITTY ",Calicatman is looking for you !

7. kevthecatfishstudent

kevthecatfishstudent New Member

State:
    Riverside California
    Looking foward to fishing the cat derby at clearlake and its nice to see a report come otu of there. Bluehunter I talked to Ronson at the FH show and he was saying you guys might be going up together did you guys figure it out yet? I would like to hit San V sometime too never fished there and just gained access to a boat so I itching for some catfishing if you are ever heading out and don't mind a fishing partner I happily split the cost with you I'm not afriad of any rain either if you've ever read my other post fromthe other site you know that. Or if you are going out I can meet you out there with my own boat whatever just let me know.

8. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Ok Kev I'll let you know. As of right now I am proboly in for the rest of the month since I made some investments in pushing some future products(jigs and cat bait). Its a sacrifice I had to make though and hopefully in the next year or so i can get it flowing. I may go sometime in May though to San V.

Ronson and I did talk about the derby but we are not quite sure yet. I do not know about his intent as of now. I would definitely go if someone was willing to participate and had a boat. But its weeks away and I doubt now that I will enter with preparation not already being made as far as lodging and payment of entry fees. I will make it a point to try next year for the event.

Are you going to this weekend gathering? This is my first run in quest of flatheads and I am going to concentrate on those thru the summer.

9. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    yea glad to hear someplace is doing decent around me the waters are so high fast and muddy plus they wont let you fish them even man keeps this rain up i may sell my boats and buy a electric bass boat and play with it in the bathtub at least its cheaper lol come on someone do a no more rain dance lol. I am thinking about the derby at clear lake too I do bass fish there a few times a year and seeing some of the kittys they pull from there I may have to try it for them too.

10. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    Cats are starting to hit in the delta near 8 mile road just found a new little spot tons of snags but we got bites like every 10-15 minutes nothing big yet but all around 2-7 pounds and 2 18inch stripers.