Clear Lake Derby Info?

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by shania, Jan 5, 2010.

1. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Gang,
    I'm trying to find out more about the information on the "Clear Lake Derby of 2010" - Things like when it is being heald (what days in May) and who all plan to attending this year (what members).
    :confused2:
    Can anyone out there help me out on this?
    :0a28:

2. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I would love to attend, but if I can't get on a boat with someone it doesn't really make much sense for me. If someone has room on their boat and would like someone to fish with I'd be happy to join them. I'm sure Big Bert would be game on that too. If I don't end up going, good luck to all attending.

3. lovedasmelloffish

lovedasmelloffish New Member

State:
    California
  4. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    Give me call when you get a chance Bert!

5. grud

grud New Member

State:
    california
    i will be attending this years derby, if that let me off work ! hehehe

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    You got it! I'll call you when I get home from work tonight.
    PM me your number buddy.:Happy:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  7. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Bert you will find all the info in the link given you. You also know you can contact Randy he is in it every year and knows where to fish. Also Catfish Ed has all the derby talk leading up to event. I am not going this year, but for those going good luck.

ps
    Look for your thingy in the mail in a few days. I will send it off tomorrow.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :Happy:"Thanks Fellows"!

9. KATFISH J.

KATFISH J. New Member

State:
    CALIFORNIA
    Hey Bert, I`ve done everything I can do at Clearlake, It`s time to pass the love, anything you want to know , I`ll give you what I know and whats worked for me these past 11 years there.......

Katfish Posse

10. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Thats right Steve J is one of the elite of Clear lake in the state placing every year pretty much and coming close to holding the lake record. He knows what he is doing fo shezzy.

B

11. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
  12. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Man,if that video don't give you the cat fever, nothing will.... Thanks for the video.

13. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Thanks Steve.... good to see Ya posting here.... "keep the faith"

14. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    Hey there Ray,you should head up to clear lake with us, I am taking my wife you and yours should come on up also!

15. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Ray.... Its a long drive one week before the Blythe Gathering.....

I'm going to Blythe for sure.... Take my boat for Calif boys use...

I am interested in fishing Clear Lake.... but would rather do in not on a tournament weekend...... Like going to Lake Havasu during the Striper Derby.....It is tough to beat the pros at the Lake..... but I'm not into money trounaments, and crowds and all....

I have spoken to Knotgilty....Randy... and learned of where to camp and all.....

Give me a PM on where and what your plans are ... where your staying etc. for the weekend....

Thanks....

16. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "OK B" - "That did it for me man" - "Yea, now that's what's up"!
    :cool:

17. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Steve,
    I forgot that "Your the man there" along with my man Randy. - "Now you know that I really can't wait to get up there to try my luck."

:wink:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  18. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    For real. More vids will be coming Randy told me he will be doing some so look for those. Also I am likely hooking up with him the warmer water cat season this year so I will do a vid as well. Maybe have him demonstrate the clear lake drift which is something I want to learn and practice down this way more.

19. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Heck yea, Steve and Randy are the Men up at Clear Lake! Many props to them....

20. gilmafam

State:
    California

Gota go to Mendota Blue..... its only over one big hill and then its all flat driving.... can get some good live bait at Bobs in Bakersfield......Bring your G3 and enjoy the water

The good part of it is..... that you can hook-up with Brother Sean "Catman Cali" who has fished the "Clear Lake" with Randy...and he spent the night listening to music and cats.... attacking the baits.... Sean know the methods.....

Mendota is nice and wide, and offers some great area for drifting... and Sean is a "local there" and knows the water.

And, in doing so... you can meet up with Bro Bert... and Robb and the Rest of the Mendota Boys...

Come to Mendota Blue