Cleaning your GPS/Depth Finder

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by goingfishin, Apr 14, 2009.

1. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Does anyone have any tricks to cleaning a GPS. I dont know about you guys but the water spots on my GPS drive me nuts. Them things are way to much money to be dirty. lol Will windex work? I am afraid to try anything on mine because it costed a butt load and I cant afford anotherone right now.

2. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Windex isn't a problem, the main thing is to use a really soft cloth. If you want to get fancy you could use the stuff they sell to clean LCD computer screens, but it really isn't necessary to use a specialized cleaner.

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Get a microfiber cloth and some mild dishwashing soap and water. It's what I have used on the acrylic screen protector on my big screen tv since it was new. It's 5 yrs. old and still looks new.

4. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I also use the Blakemore Reel Magic on mine to clean it and to help cut down on the water spots.

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Just be sure and use ammonia-free cleaners on the lcd screens. I use an electronics wipe that I got from walmart.

6. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Go to a WalMart that has a vision center. Pick up a bottle of No-Glare Lens Cleaner. It comes in a little pump bottle. This stuff is the bomb. Water spots are a nightmare on a Humminbird. My mom gave me some to try and instant clean. You won't believe how well it works. Mine hasn't been so clean since I bought it. The best part.... when the bottle is empty, take it back to the vision center and they will refill it FREE!

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I don't know what brand of unit you have. My Lowrance came with a soft cloth for cleaning it.